Cassidy

I was too relaxed and too spent to move but I had to. Tate was beside me breathing heavily as he slept. But as soon as I pulled out of his embrace, he tightened his arms around me again.

"Where you going?" he asked, his voice deep and hoarse. Then he kissed the top of my head and inhaled.

With my hand back on his naked chest, I snuggled closer. I didn't know how it was possible but I could feel him getting harder again. Where does he get all this stamina? My ex would've quit right after he came once. Tate and I had a sex marathon. Every part of my body was delightfully sore. There was no doubt I'd feel it worse later. Before he got me started again, I kissed the side of his neck.

"I have to go. I have to go to my room."

"Why?" Tate still had his eyes closed up to this point. His lips parted again, likely to say more but he just stared at me.

"I can't be here when Maddy wakes up." There had been times when Maddy woke in the middle of the night and she'd sneak into my room. I didn't mind. I'd been living in this house for a short time and I never dealt well with sleeping in strange places. Having her in my bed was comforting as much as--Iwas sure--it was for her, too.

Tate was quiet for moment or two but he didn't loosen his hold on me. I almost thought he'd gone bag to sleep until he spoke. "You're right." And he immediately followed it with, "I'm sorry."

I lifted my head off his shoulder to look at him. "Sorry? About what?" Panic set in. Oh god, was he regretting this already? Did he think it was a mistake?

Panic and fear must have shown on my face for Tate reached up to cup my chin and then kissed me. I sagged against him. He rolled me on my back and deepened the kiss, his hand gliding behind my head, then he tugged a handful of my hair. My chin raised and my mouth opened more for him. His kisses trailed lower.

"I'm sorry you have to go. I don't want you too but I understand," he said as he left tingles down my neck from his kisses and little bites. "I'd rather you stay here with me."

"But Maddy might wake up." I struggled to get the words out.

"I know." He moved his lips back up again to meet mine for another searing kiss. "Don't think I'm sorry for anything else than having to let you go sleep in your bed. Okay?"

I smiled at his last word. "Okay." I should tell him how much I didn't want to go, too but what was the point of that? I squirmed as soon as he loosened his arms around me, then slipped off the bed when he laid on his back.

While I dressed, I could feel him watching me, but he didn't say a word. I didn't know if it had been more awkward if he did. I'd never been one for one night stands. Not too sure what Tate's sexual history was like, and to be honest, I didn't think I'd want to know. His actions the whole night spoke of experience. He touched me where it mattered. He kissed me like he was the one supplying me oxygen. And he fucked me like we were dying the next day. At least, that was how I felt. My insecurities rolled in and I hadn't noticed him get out of bed.

"Cassidy, where are you?"

"What? I'm here," I replied when he snaked his arms around me from behind.

"No. I meant where did you go in your head? Your thinking of something not good. I can see it in your face," he said against my shoulder.

"I'm fine," I lied.

He turned me around to face him and cupped my cheeks. "Is it too tacky to say I had a great time?"

I smiled, looking away from him, my eyes landing on the rumpled sheets on his bed. "I had a great time, too."