Chapter Fourteen

I posted Chapters 14-15 so make sure you read them in order:)

***

I watched the two boys circle each other in the middle of the square. They were both shirtless and covered in sweat as they swung and dodged punches. My eyes were tacked to Kason as he trained my brother. I couldn't take my eyes off him. I watched the way his back muscles moved and contracted. What was wrong with me? I could watch him all day. I felt like some kind of sick stalker. Cringing at myself, I looked away, only to find my eyes needing to see him again. I gave in and continued watching him.

Before they started, the boys explained to me that most fighters have a manager of some sort that sets up their fights and helps them train. Kason was taking that role for Jaxon's benefit. However, when I asked Kason, who his manager was, he told me that he was "too good to have a manager." I didn't understand how an eighteen-year-old boy could be an undefeated fighter without someone guiding and teaching him. But it didn't matter because he was doing great without one. He did everything on his own and was thriving in the fights. I was glad he was happy to help Jaxon train. I was also glad that Jaxon was learning how to fight better. He didn't only need the skills for the fights he was now participating in, but with our hidden life, too. He needed all the defense he could get. We both did.

By the time the boys called it quits on training, they were both dripping in sweat. Kason's chocolate brown hair was soaked, dropping beads of sweat down his sculpted face. I watched him as he dried his face and hair with a towel. Creepy of me, I know.

My brother's cell phone rang and he ran over to his gym back to get it. As soon as he grasped it, he answered it. "...yeah, I just finished training with Kason...yeah...I'll pick you up in half an hour...great...bye." Jaxon slung his gym bag over his shoulder.

"Date with Marla?" Kason asked him with an amused grin on his face.

Jaxon laughed, clearly embarrassed. "Actually, yeah." My brother looked at me after he wiped his face off with a towel. "Are you okay with me going?" he asked. I respected him asking me, although I had a feeling he would go even if I told him I wasn't okay with it.

"I'm not going to stop you if you really like her," I told him.

He exhaled and nodded. "I really do."

I grinned. "Then go have fun, big bro."

Smiling brightly, he started jogging toward the gym exit. "Use protection!" Kason called.

My eyes widened. "If you do anything more than holding hands, you are dead, Jaxon!" I yelled after him, making him laugh loudly before disappearing into the parking lot.

Kason walked toward me sitting on a bench, where his gym bag was placed beside me. He wiped the white towel in his hand along his sharp jawline, catching the sweat that threatened to drip down from it. Standing diagonally from me, it took every bit of willpower to not let my gaze drop from his deep-blue eyes, down to his bare, muscled torso. Grabbing a grey T-shirt from his bag, he tossed the towel in its place and zipped the bag until it was closed. "I'm supposed to take Lucy to the park today," he said as he pulled on his shirt. "Do you want to go?"

I grinned and nodded, knowing I had no plans for today.

#

"Thanks for the help," Daniel told me as I finished cleaning up their kitchen. "It can get difficult cleaning up after those two," he said, chuckling.

I grinned. "It's no problem, really. I'm happy to help you out."

I was currently helping Daniel clean up around the house, while Kason showered and got cleaned up, and while we waited for Lucy to wake up from her nap.