F i v e

Skye's POV

As soon as we land, the stranger walks out of the plane without even looking back at me. He hasn't said a word after screaming at me.

I really wish I could take back what I said. I never realised how nice he was actually being, until he stopped being nice. I mean, of course I realised how he was being sweet by helping me but damn, now he seems to be so cold as if he just blocked me out completely.

At least he hasn't broken the deal after what I said to him, because he would have every right to do so.

I step off the plane and follow the stranger to a white Mercedes. He lets me get in first. "Thanks," I mumble, knowing it is very unlikely that he will actually reply.

He nods and then climbs in after me, as the chauffeur puts his bags in the back. "Are you, like, not going to talk to me again? It's going to be hard to be your slave if you can't even speak to me long enough to tell me what to do."

"Shut up." He rolls eyes his. "Is that long enough for you?"

"Why are you being so rude?" I ask.

"You have not given me one reason to be nice to you. All you've done is disrespect me and slap me," he states.

Well, he's not wrong.

"I'm really sorry. What can I do to make it up to you?" I ask.

"Hm, well, you have no money, no clothes, no place to stay and you're rude, so... nothing. You have and can do absolutely nothing."

I move closer to his side of the car and turn his face to look at me. "What are you-"

I place my lips against his and he doesn't move, so I place my hand on his thigh, making him groan and pull away.

"Are you kidding me?" he shouts and moves me away from him. "God, and you said I was treating you like a whore. You think kissing me makes up for that bullshit? You're not all that. If I called you a pig, the way you did to me, and then I proceeded to kiss you, what would you think of me? Huh?"

"I-I'm sorry. I thought-"

"No. Clearly you didn't think. Just be quiet and stay as far away from me as you possibly can. When I tell you to shut up, just fucking listen."

I sigh and shift as far away from him as possible, pressing myself up against the door on the other side of the car.

How do I keep making things worse?

Why would you kiss him, idiot?

"I'm sorry. I'm an idiot. I don't know what I was thinking," I admit. So stupid. Maybe I just need another nap.

"You're not an idiot."

I open my mouth to argue but then I quickly shut it. Maybe I'm better off just not talking. I stay silent until I look outside and realise we are going up a driveway. "Is this the hotel?" I ask.

He chuckles. "Sure." 

I frown, not sure what that answer means. The chauffeur opens the door for me and I smile at him and climb out. "Thanks," I say and he nods. 

I turn to look for the stranger but he is gone, probably already inside of the hotel. Maybe he's checking into our rooms or something.

It looks really fancy with large white pillars and a never ending amount of windows. Each windowsill is lined with flowers and everything about the place is absolutely amazing.

My parents were— are— relatively wealthy, but they never took me with them when they traveled. So I've only seen buildings like this in movies.