S i x

Skye's POV

I sit on one of the stools on the island in the centre of the kitchen. Jensen, Dante and the blond boy — whose name is apparently Keelan are all sitting and watching me as I stuff my face with pizza.

"Hey, if you hadn't eaten in two days and the last thing you ate was shitty plane food, you would be devouring this stuff, too," I try to defend myself.

"Devouring. That's word I was looking for," Keelan says, looking as if there was some big revelation.

"When were you looking for that word?" Jensen asks.

"Like, a minute ago, when she was eating that pizza and I was judging her in my head. If she can fit two entire pizza slices in her mouth at once, imagine what else she could fit—" 

"Keelan, stop talking," Dante says quickly.

Keelan grins and winks at me, making me chuckle. The only thing I'm putting in my mouth is food so he can think whatever he wants. It's not going to happen.

"Well, she did kiss you. You know she wants you to f—"

"Keelan!" Dante's voice booms and Keelan immediately shuts his mouth.

I narrow my eyes at Dante and walk out the kitchen and up the stairs, obviously taking the pizza with me. Food is life.

I can hear Dante shouting my name from behind me but I don't listen. I'm so embarrassed. Not only did I try to kiss him, but now his friends know about it. They probably think I'm easy. This will definitely make the stripper thing a whole lot worse.

I walk with a quick pace, not having any clue where I'm going to end up. I walk through an endless amount hallways and pass many doors, until I reach the end of a hall and there is a large glass door that shows the view of a gorgeous garden.

I step outside and walk down the steps and onto the grass. There is a small pool in the corner and flowers and trees line the entire lawn. This house must be hard to maintain.

I hear a low growl, and so I quickly turn around. I let out the loudest possible scream and start slowly backing away.

Dante runs through the door and looks around. When he sees what's going on, he frowns. "Okay, Skye, relax. Whatever you do, do not—"

I try to hold in another scream and I run as fast as I can. The dog starts chasing me and so I go to the only place that seems safe.

I jump onto Dante and wrap my legs around his body. Dante stumbles back, but quickly recovers and hooks his hands under my thighs to keep me up. "—run," Dante finishes.

The dog barks and I try to climb as high up as I can. Thank god he is so tall or this dog might have killed me. I put my head into the crook of his neck and I fist his t-shirt so tight that it seems like it might rip. "Get it away. Get it away. Please," I whisper.

"You're not mad anymore, are you?" he asks. Seriously? Now is not the time to discuss this.

"I am! You freaking told your friends about it. I'm such a freaking embarrassment already and now you have to tell other people. I was trying to act normal."

"You sure I can't change your mind about being mad?" He bends slightly and the dog starts barking.

I scream. "Fine! Fine! Okay. Just take me away."

"So we cool?" he confirms.

I look into his grey eyes. "Yeah, I don't care. Get me away from that thing." I point behind me, at the dog.

He chuckles and takes me back inside, but doesn't let me down. "How could you be scared of a dog? They're so cute."

"That was not cute." I shift slightly, making Dante groan softly. "I hate dogs. It's a long story," I say.

When I was younger a dog jumped on me and I hit my head on a corner of a step and went unconscious for a few days so I have been terrified of dogs ever since. Now don't get me wrong, I love cute little dogs but this giant black terrifying demon thing is not jumping on me.

"Can I swim? The pool looks so good."

"You can swim in the indoor pool so that I won't have to deal with you jumping on me again if you see the dog," he agrees and I smile, blushing slightly.

"I know you secretly like me being this close to you," I whisper in his ear.

He closes his eyes. "Mm, yeah. There's nothing sexier than a hobo jumping on you because she's scared of dogs. You got me there."

"I don't like you, mister," I state and slide down so that I'm standing again.

He smirks. "I'm not trying to get you to like me... I'm just trying to get you to take your clothes of in front of my friends."

I sigh. "Whatever. Do you have a girls swimming costume, by any chance?"

"Yeah, I like wearing them when nobody is around."

I laugh and he grins. "I might have some spare clothes or whatever that you can swim in, if you want?"

"Yeah, okay."

"But first you need to learn the dance. Tomorrow I have to take you to get your outfit and you can get new clothes, too, if you want. After tomorrow I'll be busy so do whatever. I'll give you cash and you can go out."

"Thanks, sugar daddy," I say and wink.

He chuckles. "No problem, baby girl," he replies and winks back, playing along.

"Okay, do you want to learn the dance now and then you can go swim?" he asks. I nod. "Follow me." He turns and starts walking and I follow right behind him.

We make our way back through the halls, down the stairs and all the way back to the foyer of the house. By the time we get there, my unfit ass is ready to admit I'm already tired. We climb up a set of stairs and he leads me to a large door.

He opens up the door and lets me through first, then shuts it after he walks in. I watch him make himself comfortable on a the large king sized bed.

"Now strip."

•=•=•

Sooo, whoever I'm about to make a dumb decision, I think 'if I was in a book, what would my readers comment'. Sometimes I imagine y'all saying 'DO IT BIIITCH' but sometimes when I'm doing dumb shit I can hear y'all saying 'IF YOU DONT STOP IMMA—'

So yeah, thanks for having my back and not even knowing it y'all.

Maybe I'm just going insane. I blame wattpad.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx