E i g h t e e n

Dante's POV

She tastes so good.

It's the taste of the chocolate brownies we ate a little while ago. I pull her impossibly closer to me. She lets out a moan and wraps her arms around the back of my neck.

I smile against the kiss. It's unexplainable how badly I want her right now. A part of me just wants to make her mine and I have no idea why, because I hardly know her.

She has no idea who I am either. I could be a wanted criminal, for all she knows. Little does she know that I'm a CEO of my own company and am the son of the Prime Minister of Spain.

Who I am doesn't matter. Who she is doesn't matter. All that matters is this the strange, unknown feeling I get whenever I'm close to her.

She pulls away, looking flustered and breathless. Her cheeks are tinted pink and her eyes are wide. She's so beautiful. "Dante, I..."

I run my finger across her bottom lip and she closes her eyes. I miss the feeling of her lips already. This is crazy. How could this be happening?

"This is... It's too fast, you know? We can't. I'm sorry." She purses her lips.

I frown. "Oh."

"We can be friends, but nothing more than that. I'm really sorry."

I nod in understanding. She kisses me and then tells me she wants to be friends. I must be a really bad kisser. "Did you not like the kiss? Did I do something wrong?"

She shakes her head. "No. No. It's not you... I just don't think it's a good idea. I mean, you're probably only kissing me because I'm here and I'm a girl that is willing to kiss you and I don't think—"

"I wouldn't kiss any girl. I'm not that kind of guy," I explain. I shouldn't want her, especially.

She laughs. "I bet you would say that to any girl."

I take her face in my hands and lean down, then kiss her with as much force as I can. Maybe if I can't explain how much I want her in words, a kiss will be able to explain it.

She pushes me off her and shakes her head. "It can't happen. I'm really sorry, Dante. I like you. I really do, but it's way too soon. Good things take time, right?" She smiles but I don't reciprocate it.

"Okay."

•=•=•

Skye's POV

I sit in silence on the way back to Dante's house, eating my Nutella crepe. Dante has been really distanced and quiet after what happened on top the the Eiffel Tower.

I don't blame him. I don't know what to do or say to make it go back to how it was. Ugh, why does one simple kiss have to complicate so much in such a short amount of time?

I offer Dante some of my crepe, but he glances down at it and then back up at me, then shakes his head.

It's already midnight and I have a feeling that I'm not going to get a great amount of sleep tonight.

I wish I could go back in time. I wouldn't have kissed Dante if I knew it would blow up in my face like this. What was I thinking in the first place? What did I think would happen?

Maybe I have a tiny crush on him but I should have thought about it from the beginning and realised that it can't happen. I mean, I'm an actual homeless person and he seems to be some kind of billionaire. We're not even on the same level. It won't work, no matter how much I want it to.

When we reach Dante's house, we all climb out the car and I go straight to my room and get ready for bed. I'm tired, to a point where my eyes burn — which doesn't make sense because I slept so much.

Even though my body wants to sleep, my brain has other plans.

I lie in bed and stare up at the roof. There is no light, other than the moonlight coming in through the cracks of the curtain, and the only sound is the incessant ticking of the alarm clock on the bed side table.

What am I going to do now? If I do end up with him, what will happen?

I mean, yeah it would be great to have someone so attractive dating me, but it would also make me really nervous because if he cheats it would suck. He is so hot that any girl would want him, so why would he only want me? It would be great that I could kiss him whenever I wanted but is it really worth it? Dating someone this beautiful shouldn't be allowed for such a mundane person like me.

There really are other fish in the sea and if I am going to be working for Dante then it would be awkward if I was sleeping with him, too. Maybe he won't make me work for him. I don't know. What if it all goes wrong and he takes back the deal and takes his apartment away and returns all the stuff and fires me?

It's much simpler if we keep this on a friends only basis. It makes sense and I'd like to say I have enough self control to stop myself from wanting Dante— although one look at Dante and I sometimes forget how to breathe.

Still, the best thing would be for us to be friends. I can't mess this up by getting feelings involved. Love always makes things messy.

Then it's settled. Just friends.

It would make it a lot easier to believe myself if I could stop thinking about his unbelievably soft lips.

•=•=•

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx