Chapter Fourteen~Maybe It Looked Nothing Like A Vine... At All:

I don't know how I ever thought that the snake wrapped around me could ever be a vine. 

This snake was almost all white, and the parts that were not white, there were amazing random black stripes. 

The stripes made me think of someone pouring black ink onto a plain white snake, and they dried onto him, and stuck with this snake forever. 

"Wildfire, meet Ink." Alpha said, a slow growl in her throat. 

I forced a laugh out, "So we're referring to me as 'Wildfire' now? Come on, don't be like that

I forced a laugh out, "So we're referring to me as 'Wildfire' now? Come on, don't be like that. Don't be that character." 

"Character?" 

"Yeah, I see everyone as a character." 

"And how is that?" 

"You're evil, but I bet you have some sort of backstory right? What a clichè." 

"You know nothing of me." 

"Yeah, you're right, I don't. But I bet that I can guess. You're hurt, so very hurt. You obviously have a past with me, you've said so yourself. But it seems more like-" "Ink!" Alpha called, 'Ink' squeezed me tightly, "Gah! I was onto something!" 

"If I don't like what you are saying, Ink will squeeze tighter, and tighter, until you die." 

"Lovely," I commented sarcastically. "So, as I was saying before. Since you're hurt, you don't like to show it, because... You're weak. Oh... You're weak. That's what it is," Alpha jumped over to me, and put a paw on my face, and I felt the sharpness of her claws. 

"And I know your conflict! You are your own conflict! You don't know who you are, and you don't know who you want to be, as long as you aren't Wildfire! But guess what? The more you fight with yourself, the more the conflict grows, and right now, you're getting so close to the fire! Nobody is pushing you to the flames, you are leading yourself there, Sophia." 

"And you know too much about me, more than just a lucky guess it feels like sometimes." I retorted, not wanting to say anything about her recent statement. 

She growls, and put her paw back on the ground, "Sometimes you need to look at yourself, and look back at others, and see how much you both suffer." Her tail flicked back and forth furiously, if she could've stomped over to Pixels, she would've. 

She growled at the snake that was holding Pixels, "Scales!" It tightened around Pixels, making her wake up in a panic, "What the Star-stripes!?" 

I laughed, making Ink tighten a bit more on me, I forced a breath, "'Star-stripes'?" 

"It's the first thing that came to my head! There's a snake wrapped around me!" She started to struggle, and it squeezed her more, "Pixels!" I exclaimed, "Please don't struggle." Was I worried? 

She slowly nodded, her green eyes filling up with a strikingly familiar sensation. 

Fear. 

'Scales' was a Ball Python as well, but this one was a bit... Decorative. I couldn't decide if that was bad or not.