26- Niao Niao is The Empress

First of all, I need to apologise for the late post.. yesterday is my brother's wedding so I'm kinda busy.. but I post the chapter today! Hehehehe

Nothing could describe his feelings right now, Lian Tian leans back on a pillar next to the general's mansion. His head feels heavy so he rested and closes his eyes. Trying his best to control his breath, or more likely, his emotions.

Niao Niao is the empress.

What is the possibility? He somehow feel betrayed.

After confessing his love, Lian Tian feels uneasy. So he decided to follow Niao Niao. Little did he know he would find out something so outrageous.

It will be a lie if he says that he's not heart broken. But he won't give up too easily.

"She is the empress, that's why.. " everything starts to come in pieces. Like a puzzle. Everything that she did, she's not like a normal concubine. But that time, he refused to think about it. Her strange behaviour, her extreme intelligence and amusing abilities now make sense.

Lian Tian quickly jumps to the roof, disappearing through the dark night. He goes to his own camp, outside the forbidden city.

"Crown prince, you have arrived!" His right hand greets him.

"There's a change of plan, prepare my desk." He walks pass his confused right hand, not even facing him.

His fast steps makes everyone nervous, the Generals eyed each other just to find they are all just as clueless.

The meeting room inside the crown prince tent is ready. And so do the generals and high officials. They sits at their place, not saying anything.

No one dares to break the ice. Yet the crown prince is still in his own world. They starts to assume that something terrible must happened.

"Let's retreat." Short and clear.

"..."

"Your majesty, why do we need to retreat? Giving pressure like this is the best way to make them lose confidence! Furthermore- " The general is stopped by hand gestures of an official, he stops but giving the official disapproving look.

When everyone is silent, Lian Tian continues "Also, stop the river poisoning." He says. He then raises to his feet and left.

"A beautiful lady, can bring an entire empire down"
Maybe it's true.. let's just see how this ends.

_

"Where is her majesty?" Mumu looks around the Phoenix chamber but could not find the empress. "Does anyone see the empress?" She asks her servants.

As usual, they have the clothes ready for the empress. But she is nowhere. Mumu and a dozen of her servants are trying to find the empress all around the palace. At that moment Mumu realised her mistake.

"Ai ya.. let's stop searching now!" She face palms herself and tells everyone to stop.

"Head servant, why do you tell us to stop searching?" They all gathered around curiously.

"Eii.. you guys are so slow. Don't you remember that the emperor visited us for the first time yesterday?"

They all nods in unison, but still don't get the point.