31- Under the Moonlight

The party went smoothly with beautiful women dancing and playing instruments. The crown prince seems to enjoy it. An hour into the party, snacks and foods are served. Big trays placed in front of the emperor and empress.

"Let's eat." The emperor signaling her to start eating.

"Yes." The empress wait for him to take the first bite before taking some roasted duck to her plate.

"The food always tastes better when we have guest over.." the emperor comments.

"Here, take some more." He took a piece of beef and place it on her plate. "You are so skinny, we don't want other people to think you don't get enough food, do we?" He smiles and taps her head.

"Thank you your majesty." She smiles shyly in return.

The party continues as they finish their food.

"What do you think about him?" The emperor analyse the enemy guy inform of him.

"T-the Crown Prince?"

"Yes. We need to figure what is his plan, it is very unusual so we need to be extra careful."

"Is that so, Your majesty?"

"Maybe confusing us is part of his plan.." he thinks, "many kingdom who fail to recognise his plan fall. Always keep your guard up."

"Of course.." She says, the empress starts to think that maybe she is part of the plan. The Crown Prince must only wants to mess with her mind.

The emperor is saying something but she's too busy with her thoughts. And the dancers in front of them suddenly become boring.

"Your majesty, I'm going out for a while.." She needs to clear her mind

"Are you feeling alright?"

"Yes, I just need some fresh air."

____

The empress walks outside the hall, walking towards her servant.

"Her majesty, where are you going?"

"You don't need to follow me.." she walks pass her to the garden.

"Zhi."

Mumu feels like the empress acts weirdly since few days ago, she doesn't know what's weird but it just feels like that.

She must have something that she hides from me, Mumu  thinks. She then unconsciously follows her master.

The empress stare blankly at the starry night. She understands, maybe she is only a bait. She inhale the cold air, trying to control herself.

"What is the empress doing here alone at night? Is the party not pleasant enough for her majesty?" A familiar voice asks.

She turns around to face the crown prince.

"Then what about crown prince?" She could not stop starring at her hairpin. How come no one realises it?

"You know, it's not really my type." He walks pass her to the bridge not far from there. And she follows him.

"This is a really good place isn't it?" He looks down at the pond reflecting the moon light. They stand side by side at the bridge, Mumu who watches from afar couldn't believe her vision.

Mumu quickly retreated because she doesn't want to see it anymore. What is her master doing with this man? Why is she following him like that? The only person her master should follow is the emperor!

Does the empress realise what is she doing? If anyone sees her they would get the wrong idea.. two young people, chatting on a bridge under the moonlight.

Mumu walks away from the sinful scene. But when she turns back, her eyes meet.. the emperor's.

"Y-your majesty.. w-what a-re.."

"Mumu, do you see the empress? She said she's going to come back in but she still hasn't.." The emperor looks around to find her.

"N-no your majesty.. Nubi haven't seen the empress. Sh-she probably not here.." She gulps and holds her breath.

"Oh, really?" The emperor walks pass Mumu going to the bridge.

"Your majesty! Nubi thinks the empress is over there!" Mumu points at a random place trying to get his majesty's attention.

"It's Okay Mumu, I'll search by myself."

No! Not there.. Mumu almost cries at this point, she's so afraid. What if the emperor sees? She follows him silently from the back, praying that the empress is already gone.

Their walk seems like forever. Cold sweats starts to drips from her forehead. What will the emperor do if he sees her majesty with another man?

After a few minutes they finally arrived at the bridge. Please don't let his majesty to see..

But it seems like the gods don't hear her prayer. They are still there, on the bridge.

If letting the emperor sees this isn't already bad, the crown prince took off his hairpin. And place it on the empress's hair. He cups her cheek and brushing it with his thumb.

Mumu peaks at the emperor's face. The emperor stunned at the scene in front of him.

What is the crown prince doing there? With his wife? Is this a dream? A total nightmare?

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote comment and share..

Happy 100k reads.. I will make a video on my Instagram @/nataswann ! Check it out and see if your comments is featured:-)
Have a nice daaaaaay 😍😍