30- Crown Prince's Visit

Lian Tian rode his horse back to the Zhang kingdom, this time as himself. His hair is tied up in a bun behind his crown. Dark blue robe with gold details highlighted his fair skin. His godly face framed with strong eyebrows will make every maiden fall in love.

The border guards checks his belongings precisely and quickly let him pass after he shows the stroll.

"Crown Prince, the emperor has instructed for this lowly servant to prepare your mansion. Please kindly follow me." A guard informs. Behind him there's a dozen maids ready to help Lian Tian.

"This Crown Prince will go to the court hall immediately, you can go back." Lian Tian refuses.

"Zhi."

He arrived at the hall, walking in tall and proud. The officials and ministers greet him only to receive a small nod of acknowledgement.

His chin is high up showing how much confidence he has. Lian Tian smirk as his greetings to the emperor and empress.

"This Crown Prince greets your majesty."

"Raise." The emperor says. "Crown Prince, welcome to Zhang Kingdom. May you have a rest first." The emperor instructs.

"There's no need." Lian Tian answers coldly.

The tension so high, until it's hard for anyone to breath. They both talk politely but that makes it worse.

"The Crown Prince is very young, yet already achieved so much." Minister Wei comments.

"Yes I am very young." He says still smirking. "Only few years pass my second decade." Lian Tian stare at the empress as he says it.

The empress is flustered. He just uses her words to come back at her. She gulps. This Lian Tian is so different from the one she knows. His words is clear and firm. He looks so dominant and holds huge power. Someone who is capable at doing whatever he wants.

The empress is somehow feels inferior in front of him.

"I'm here to discuss an agreement." Lian Tian explains.

Everyone is eyeing each other, also feels his authority. This guy is in his enemy's kingdom all alone, surrounded by the most influential officials but he shows no fear.

"Give me your proposal." The emperor says.

Lian Tian hands the scroll to an eunuch. And prepare to leave. He flicks his robe and walks out in big steps. Leaving everyone amused by his presence.

People starts to breath normally when he left. Even the empress holds her breath unconsciously.

"That Crown Prince, is more intimidating than I could imagine." The crowd talks to themselves, receiving agreement from his fellow.

"I heard if it's not for him, the empire will already falls. Every achievements are thanks to him."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, he also an intelligent general. Maybe that's why he is so smart."

"My spies told me that he is a tactic genius, we really have to be careful when deciding on what to do with his proposal."

The empress secretly eavesdrops what the crowds have to say about Lian Tian, to learn more about him.

_____

"Let's have a cup of tea with Lian Crown Prince this afternoon." The emperor suggests.

"Me too?" The empress doesn't want to go.

"Yeah." The emperor smiles and pinches her cheeks. After the empress explain everything about Niao Niao, they become closer. But of course, she didn't say anything about Lian Tian.

"Your majesty, why don't we held a party instead? I guess he will enjoy it more." The empress suggests, but really it's just because she doesn't want to meet Lian Tian in private. It will be so awkward.

Even so, she doesn't even know yet who Lian Tian really is.

"I guess that's not bad.." The emperor smiles. "Bai Lu!"

"Yes, Your majesty."

"Prepare a party for our guest tonight."

"Zhi."

______

"Her majesty, are you okay?" Mumu feels that the empress acts timidly today.

"Yeah.." The empress answers halfheartedly

"Is it because of Lian's Crown Prince?"

"Huh?" She looks up to Mumu that is combing her hair. "W-why do you think like that?" She panics.

"This servant doesn't master in politics, but I am sure the court will come up with the best decision. Don't worry your majesty.." Mumu tries to lighten up the mood.

Oh, so she thinks it's about politics.

"Okay." The empress smiles.

Mumu places the final hairpin on the empress's hair, "we are done!" She says.

"Thank you." The empress stands and thanks Mumu.

"My pleasure, have fun tonight!" Mumu says happily.

The empress's gown is in Maroon with some flowers detail, sewed with gold pieces.

She met the emperor at the party hall and walk together with him. At the same time, Crown Prince of Lian also arrives so they face each other. The empress gulps and doesn't dare to look him in the eyes.

"Thank you for throwing such a party your majesty, I'm honored."

The emperor only smiles in return.

"Eh, Her majesty.. you really look like someone that I know.."

His comment makes her raises her head, at this time she sees his face clearly. Not in his spying robe, not that perverted guy in the harem house, but as himself. This is the all mighty crown prince of Lian. The one that is excellent in politics yet vigorous in the battlefield.

When she sees him in his royal robe, she almost can't recognise him. And then she realises, she really doesn't know him.

But then she sees his crown, the hairpin, it's hers. The one that he stole from her. He wears it on his hair. That, she doesn't know what to feel..

*the picture is Crown Prince's Crown that I'm talking about

So, are you #teamemperor or #teamcrownprince ?

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote and share to your friends! You can also follow me if you'd like .. have a nice day ❤️