Chapter 15

After the meetings I went straight home as I had promised Pari that I will spend time with her.

I stepped inside the house and saw Pari watching T.V with a bored expression on her face clearly not happy.

I went near her and stopped in front of her blocking the view of T.V. She looked up at me frowning and then her face brightens with a wide grin looking at me.

" Meel....you came?" She asked me with wide eyes surprised at me.

" Yes! for my princess." I said picking her up in my arms.

" Yay!" She yelled and hugged me giving a kiss on my cheek.

I laughed at her excitement.

" Mumma said that you will be busy in meetings today....so I thought you will not come." She said looking at me.

" Of course I was busy.....but nothing is more important than my princess." I said to her kissing her cheek making her giggle.

"Meer! " Mom and Di exclaimed looking at me.

"Hmm" I hummed putting Pari down.

" You actually came?" Di asked me surprised.

" Of course Di." I said smiling at her.

She narrowed her eyes at me as if to see what's wrong with me.

" Meer beta you never came home before 8 but now it's just 5." Mom looked stunned.

" Ha Mom....I promised Pari that I will spend time with her today, so I came early." I said smiling at her and sat beside Pari who is bouncing on the sofa with excitement.

Mom and Di looked at each other and then looked at me with questioning gazes.

" Mom I am very hungry.....please give me something to eat." I whined at her rubbing my belly.

Both again looked baffled at me but nodded their heads and went to the  kitchen.

I went to freshen up and came down in my casuals. Me and Pari started talking about random stuff about her school, her friends, her grades which I missed from 2 years.

Yeah, I involved myself into work so much that I didn't even have time to eat and sleep and then Di was also away from us for a while, so I guess I missed a lot.

Soon, I started tickling her and Pari started laughing loudly and yelling at me to stop between her laughs. I also started laughing with her.

How much I missed this!

I looked at my side to see Di and Mom stood there stunned and they were  looking at us with open mouths.

"Mom? Di?" I said frowning.

They came out of their trance and smiled at me.

" Food is ready, come both of you." Mom said and we all went to dining room.

Food looks very tasty and I started eating and in between I am also feeding Pari some bites here and there.

I looked at other dish, it's Kheer! Piyu's favorite.

The thought of her itself brought smile to my face.

I started eating thinking about her and our encounter today. Not even a day has passed and I am already missing her. I hope we will meet again soon.

Sensing silence at the dining table I looked at Pari who is nowhere to be seen. I think I zoned out thinking about Piyu. Ha! Again I am smiling.

I looked at Mom and Di who are staring at me wierdly. Mom looked concerned and Di has disbelief look on her face.