Chapter 17

I walked into the building and reached the floor in the elevator where we are supposed to work. I already missed two days of work and I have to check what my team is up to.

I entered the meeting room where everyone are present and already working.

My team went stiff looking at me and immediately stood up to greet me. I greeted them back and gestured them to sit down.

I looked around and saw Piyu and her team who were doing their work are  now looking at me.

" I am sorry.....I am late.....but please let me know what you all are doing." I said looking at Piyu.

She didn't say anything but just looking at me as if examining me.

" Sir we are working on designs, we already made some.....here take a look at them." One of the team member of AJ's replied passing the file to me.

" And we are working on some ideas and budget." My manager replied showing a file to me.

" Good." I said and started looking at their work to know how they are doing.

They are quiet good.....I am impressed but I am not going to let them know.

I went and sat beside Piyu and started  working on our project. I started explaining about how we should do this more perfectly and corrected their mistakes.

My team looked stunned at me as I am not scolding them for their mistakes but I ignored them.

It's not their fault as I wasn't there to guide them and they had done  wonderful job so far in my absence.

" And about the designs Piyu....." I was saying looking into the file but stopped when I heard loud gasps in the room.

I looked up and saw everyone looking at me stunned. What did I do? I recalled what I just said and then realized......

Oh

I slowly turned towards Piyu and saw her shooting daggers at me.

Oh No! I think I am in trouble.

I sighed.

I cleared my throat awkwardly.

" What happened guys? Continue to do your work." I said to them sternly and they nodded their heads quickly resuming their work.

" And as I was saying Ms. Piyali, I must say designs are very good but I think they must have been more of cosmopolitan." I said looking at the file.

" Yeah.....actually they are especially working on cosmopolitan designs only now." Piyu said referring to her team.

" Good job guys." I said smiling at them and they nodded their heads going back to their work.

" Ms.Priya.....my sche......?" I was saying but before that she quickly ran to my side and handled me my schedule.

And all the while Piyu was looking at us.

" Yes Sir, it's ready.....you have meeting with shareholders and members of the company at 2pm....." I stiffened at their mention.

I was in my own thoughts and I didn't heard her further.

" Sir.....sir....." She called me out.

" Yeah, I got it." I said to her frowning.

I think I should be back to my cold, emotionless, ruthless and arrogant self again to deal with them.

" And Sir you have a meeting with Mehras at 4pm." She told me and I nodded my head at her.