11.

Roman's P.O.V

I watched from the corner of my eyes as Grace drove. She wasn't giggling like a little girl any more.

She wasn't even smiling.

I've blown it. She was so happy and I ruined it.

I gripped the seat I was on. She drives like a bat out of hell. It was scary and slightly exhilarating, but I wouldn't admit that to her.

I'm surprised she hasn't been done for speeding.

"Turn here." I told her.

"No. I just want to go home -"

"Now!" I growled at her and to my surprise, she took the late turn. She handled the car quite well in the late decision.

"Why are we going down here?" She asked me. I wanted to say that I want to make up for ruining her mood, but my mouth wouldn't comply.

"This left." I said after several seconds.

"Right. Follow that through to the end." I was going to show her what I haven't done in years.

Grace followed my instructions and after several more minutes and a few more turns, we were there.

"Is this a market?" She asked me.

I got out off the car and looked at the familiar scene in front of me. "Yeah," I sighed.

It brought back some memories of easier days.

Grace followed me as we went through the gates and she looked doe eyed at the scene.

It was busy and crowded as she stepped forward.

"This, is, amazing!" She whispered to me. I could sense her mood had lightened.

"Stay close, it's easy to get lost." I warned her as we walked.

She looked at a stall that were souvenir clothing.

Someone accidentally bumped her and we turned to them.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Grace apologised to her with a large smile.

"Watch where you're going!" She grunted, leaving Grace surprised, her wide smile gone.

It was like the first time that someone had been mean to her. Her face sent waves of messages that she was crushed, by a stranger.

How can a stranger make her feel like that, but I can't? She probably doesn't let me see it.

She stepped closer to me and held my arm with both of her hands. I didn't say anything to her about it as we kept walking around.

"How did you know about this place?" She asked me as we strolled down the walk way.

"It's somewhere I use to come, many years ago." I answered her blankly.

"You're not that much older than me. So I'm assuming your parents use to bring you here?"

I didn't answer her. Instead, I pretended to be interested in something to my right.

"They weren't at the wedding." Grace said aloud. "What happened?" She asked softly at me.

It was a topic I avoided.

"Roman?"

"I don't want to talk about them." I said in a quiet voice.

Grace looked up at me. "Okay." She said softly with a small nod of her head.

Just like that, she dropped the topic. I was mentally prepared to argue with her over it. Even if we were in public.