12.

Roman's P.O.V

I had to take her phone. I need to teach her to be more private about herself. Even if it was just roses.

Who had sent them though?

I gave her the phone back this morning when she left to go to her parents.

I had made sure she didn't pack a bag but, last time she left without one and that didn't stop her.

I had brought my work home from yesterday.

Maybe I should make her stay in my office instead bringing her home when I punish her. It's becoming an inconvenience for me.

I stared at my screen, the words a blur. I couldn't concentrate. My focus had gone.

Grace had been gone a while now. I told her she had to come back after two hours. It's now going on four hours.

I sighed in relief when I heard the front door but it was short lived.

I heard her stomping up the stairs yelling my name.

"What now?" I grumbled. My study door flew open and she slammed it shut.

"How could you!" She screamed at me.

I looked at her face, drenched in tears.

"How could you do this?"

"What did I do?" I snapped at her.

She was nearly hysterical.

"You made them sell!"

What?

"My parents have to move! You made them sell my childhood house!"

"I didn't make them do anything."

"Do you have a childhood home? Why am I asking you? You don't care about anyone else other than yourself!" Grace wiped the tears away.

"How can someone be so cruel? To ruin a family? To do such a thing?"

I couldn't answer her. But she was correct, in a sense.

"To see that place owned by someone else. That's my home. My sanctuary. No matter what I did, that was the one place I felt safe. Now it is gone!" Grace yelled at me some more. "Because of you!"

She stormed out in to the bedroom and then I saw her go to the reading room.

I had seen the extent of her items, they were in boxes in that room.

I watched as she lugged a bag from there to the bedroom.

Is she, packing? I got up and swiftly moved to the bedroom. She is packing.

"What are you doing?" I demanded from her.

"Check your account, Mr Parker!" She cried out. "My father has paid his debt. You no longer own me! So I am free to go." I watched her pout as she eyed me off. Her green eyes were so bright. They were green again. They must turn green when she is emotional. They were gold earlier.

I stepped out off the room. She is free to go.

I don't need her any more. Her father had paid his debt.

I went back to the office and sat down, sighing.

At least I get my life back.

The peace and quiet.

The dull events of my daily routine.

No more screaming fits from the spoilt princess.

No more bright colours at home. Does this mean she is leaving the company too?