CHAPTER SIX

When the holidays were over and everybody had returned to Hogwarts, Carina found herself tutoring the First year Slytherins, some older students too. Exams were approaching and she wanted her pupils to at least pass with an  Exceeds Expectations. In their study group, Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott were included. Fortunately for Carina they were fast learners like her brother and found herself growing quite fond of them. They were serious and held common sense but most of all they didn't let themselves be pushed around by Draco like the rest of their House.

"Those two, Zabini and Nott. It'll be best if you invite them this summer in our Manor along with Goyle and Crabbe." Carina once said to Draco.

"Really? Why so?" Draco asked in puzzlement.

"They are the right sort to keep you in check when I cannot." she responded slipping her tea.

Carina also noticed that the Golden Trio were normally in the library yet this time they weren't searching messily and desperately, they were actually studying. She could feel them watching her as she was explaining her notes to the people surrounding her and she wasn't the only one. Draco would spat at them before Carina would get his attention back. Pansy and Daphne would just glare at them until Carina would call them. Vincent and Greg would prepare to march up at them but Carina would warn them. As for Theo and Blaise they would just narrow their eyes till Carina would clear her throat.

The Slytherin House has grown quite protective of Carina Malfoy. So much that no one of the other Houses would try to mess or harm the girl, even the Weasley twins didn't try to prank her. They didn't have the guts to face the wrath of Slytherin, the so called "Dark" House of Hogwarts. Not that anyone wanted really, many of the student body respected her. "She's alright for a Slytherin" they would say. It seems that she will surely become the Head Girl of her year much to Hermione's displeasure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was the Gryffindor Vs Hufflepuff Match but Carina was not interested in attending so she just stayed in her Common Room reading about Healing Spells when she heard her brother complaining rather loudly.She raised her eyebrow "Did the match ended that quickly?" then she noticed her brother's misbehaved hair as well as his split lips and immediately sat up running towards him looking concerned.

"What happened?" Carina demanded looking at Blaise and Theo with angry eyes before checking her brother.

"Weasley and Longbottom happened." Draco spat before groaning in pain as she touched his bruise.

"The whole story!" she ordered her brother and began performing an Episkey. Draco hesitated for a moment.

"I was minding my own business when out of nowhere Weasel and that wimp Longbottom charged at me out of sudden!" Draco relied avoiding his sister's eyes.

She glared slightly at him "I do not believe you but nonetheless you have done they should not had responded with violence!" spat Carina and left the Common Room determined to find Ronald Weasley. No one hurts Draco without her saying so!

She found the Golden Trio in a deserted hallway making their way to an empty room locking the door. Carina fastened her pace ready to burst the door open when she heard Potter speaking "So we were right. It is the Philosopher's Stone and Snape's trying to force Quirrell to help him get it. He asked if he knew how to get past Fluffy and he said something about Quirrell's 'hocus-pocus', I reckon there are other things guarding the stone apart from Fluffy, loads of enchantments probably and Quirrell would have done some anti-Dark spell which Snape needs to break through."

"So you mean the Stone is only safe as long as Quirrell stands up to Snape?" asked alarmed Granger.

"It'll be gone by next Tuesday!"groaned Weasley.