CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Carina was sitting down on her bedchamber's floor, surrounded by all kinds of books, with a medium size black suitcase in her hands as she studied. Snuffles was laying on her bed watching her with bewilderment and impatience judging by the nervous movement of his tail and shifting eyes.

"Thank you, Newt Scamander." murmured Carina making Snuffles title his head in confusion.

Carina grinned at him "Newt Scamander, is one of the best Magizoologist there has been. Anyway, I read once in his books that in order to move his magical beings from one place to another, he bewitched his suitcase using an Extension Charm."

She turned her eyes to her own suitcase "I believe that I did alright." she opened it and grabbed her wand while saying "Lumos!", she looked inside and hummed in approval. She actually managed to give it the extension of a small room. Then she grinned in accomplishment, her blue eyes moving towards Snuffles who sat up "Come here boy! Take a look!" she said enthusiastically.

Snuffles jumped from the bed walking to her with his tail dancing, he put his head inside the suitcase and Carina ruffled his head as he barked cheerfully forcing Carina to shush him "Quiet! We don't want anyone to know you're here." Snuffles paid no mind to her scolding, he just licked her cheek making her face scowl in disgust.

While she cleaned her face, she saw Snuffles looking around the black room, not really seeing anything. She put her hand on his head gaining his attention "Do not worry boy. I'll transfigure some things to make this small room a little more comfortable" she grabbed a random book "Let's see what these tell us."

Snuffles put his head on Carina's lap as she was reading and absentmindedly she played with his fur. When Snuffles finally fell asleep, her eyes looked down at him. Sometimes he would stare at her with a certain wistfulness that successfully made her heart hurt. Other times, especially when her brother was there with them, he would watch them talk and interact then Snuffles would close his eyes, giving Carina the impression that he frequently imagined somebody else in their place.

Snuffles was a tortured soul, anyone could tell, and Carina promised herself that she'll take care of him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco stood speechless as he stared around the small room inside the suitcase "Merlin, Cara! You're brilliant!" he commented.

Small yellow light decorated the room like stars making the dark blue of the walls appear as the sky. There was a soft bed made by wood touching the wall that now Snuffles was laying on the gray sheets, his head on the pillow watching Draco entertained. On the side of the bed was a big bowl with water for Snuffles to drink. Moreover, inside the room was a short wooden table with two stools, on it Draco saw couple of snack as well as some books.

He heard a screeching noise, he turned to see Carina coming down the ladder with couple more books in her arms. Draco's grey eyes widen as he read the titles of those books "Carina those are for Dark Arts." he pointed out looking at her with suspicion.

"Do not fret, Dray, dear. They are only for academic purpose." she replied making Draco cross his arms with narrowed eye, not fully believing her.

"You did amazing." Draco changed the subject gesturing around the room. When she was ready, she would speak with him about this.

Carina shrugged and smirked at her brother "I could have done better but I had no time."

Draco rolled his eyes and playfully shoved her as he let a snicker. Afterwards, he walked and petted Snuffles "I guess you're coming with us, boy. What do you think of your new room?"