CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Carina felt her body as though it had been beaten. Every inch was aching as she clenched her fists. She could hear voices shouting around her but none made any sense to her. She had no idea where she was or how she got there or what had just happened.

"This is your bloody fault scarface! If you can't fly why are you even in the bloody team!" a voice way too similar with her brother's yelled.

"I didn't know that she could have dived to save me Malfoy! Will you, for the love of Merlin, tell me how is she?"

"No. Go back to playing dead."

Carina slowly opened her eyes. The first thing she noticed was that she was in the Hospital Wing, the second thing was that it was way too crowded around her. Both of the Slytherin and Gryffindor teams were there spattered in mud from head to toe whereas Cedric, Hermione and Ron were just soaked wet.

"Carina!" explained Cedric gaining the attention of Draco who was sneering down to a bedridden Harry Potter, that looked particularly pale to be healthy.

"Hey," whispered Carina as she shifted slightly and winced. Her body was on fire. She moved her arms a little only to realize that her right one was once again completely covered in bandages.

"I broke my arm?" Carina gaped "Again?"

"The next time Potter does something stupid," started scolding Draco as he reached her with a furious glare on his face " do not get involved. If he wants to die, let him die."

"My memory is fuzzy," she winced as she held her head "will somebody please tell me what happened?"

"Harry lost his consciousness while the Dementors invaded the field and even though you caught him, you hit the ground instead." Hermione said kindly, smiling thankfully to her kind-of-friend?

"Why are you always the damsel in distress?" Carina complained looking at Harry's green eyes.

He slightly grinned before he replied without thinking "Does that make you my prince charming then?"

And here comes that dead silence.

Carina blinked, Harry's eyes widen, the Gryffindors and Cedric were trying to hide their laughter with the exception of the Weasley twins who were almost rolling in the ground, the Slytherins looked scandalized and finally Draco seemed like he wanted to murder someone. Well, that's not really far from the truth now, is it?

Harry closed his eyes, his face bright red and turned to Ron who was seated right besides him desperately saying "Please tell me that I did not just say that."

Hermione always to the rescue, cleared her throat and said to Carina "Don't mind him, he is under potions."

"No." Draco deadpanned he sneered pointing to his sister and the Boy-Who-Lived "This is never, ​​​​" he looked at Carina "ever, " he glared in warning at Harry "happening. Am I clear?"

Carina closed her eyes in exasperation then she opened them again to stare at Cedric's grey-blue ones that seem rather amused with the situation. Carina sighed not sharing the same humor as him she spoke"Ignoring what just happened. What about the game? "

"None of you caught the Snitch." Wood pointed out.

"So we'll have to replay." answered Flint.

Carina almost rolled her eyes "I meant the Dementors."

"Dumbledore was really angry," Hermione said in a quaking voice. "I've never seen him like that before. He ran onto the field as you both fell, waved his wand, and you sort of slowed down before you hit the ground. Then he whirled his wand at the Dementors. Shot silver stuff at them. They left the stadium right away...He was furious they'd come onto the grounds. We heard him —"