CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

"So you two are okay, now? All is well? Are you absolutely sure? One-hundred percent? No sudden hexes and all?" insisted Cedric making Draco and Carina roll their eyes,

They skipped their classes after the Defense Against the Dark Arts incident resulting in a huge fuss among the student body. Afterwards, the news reached to Cedric Diggory who also decided to ditch his classes in order to search for them, afraid that their tempers will appear once more. Fortunately, he found them under a tree near the Black Lake deep in discussion and then they explained to him what exactly happened.

"Are toy truly certain?"

"Yes, Cedric!" they replied exasperated with an amused expression on their face making him sigh in relief and putting a hand on his chest.

"Oh my Helga, I think I lost ten years of my life. With friends like you I'll probably end up dead in a year or two." then he pulled them into a tight hug forcing the twins to gasp for air.

When he finally decide to let them free, he scowled and said in a austere tone that would even make McGonagall slightly waver "This is the last time you idiots fight! If I hear that you two raised your wands against each other then I swear on my mother's casserole, I'll transfigure you into pink ferrets, lock into a cage and keep you safe until I say it's time to talk! Are we clear?"

"That's harsh." blinked Carina "Why pink? Make it forest green or something."

Draco gaped at her "That's your issue? The colour? Not the fact that we'll be ferrets?

Carina hummed smirking at him "Well, Dray dear, I think you would make quite the handsome ferret."

Draco's grey eyes glint in mischief "I'll keep that in mind when I'll turn your library pink."

"Not my books!"

Cedric coughed loudly gaining their attention once again "Do you promise not to let your arguments reach until that point?"

"Why do you mind so much? It's not like we would have never made up." Draco commented as he glanced at him puzzled.

"Because you got hurt!" Cedric snapped.

"So? It was nothing serious." Carina said.

Cedric then growled angrily "I don't want you two hurt!" there was a pause in the air before he started to speak again this time in a much gentle voice "Look, I don't know what kind of things you face back home but I want you to understand that I'll do anything to help you and keep you safe. And why? Because you two are part of my family now and I love you like the siblings I never had."

Carina and Draco were staring at him with wide eyes and mouths open. Raised by a family like Malfoys that doesn't really show, let alone say out-loud, their feelings made them feel weird. A feeling they could not really explain yet it was neither bad nor unwelcoming. Just weird.

The Malfoy twins smiled widely at the older Hufflepuff boy and spoke simultaneously calmly with a sure tone "We will kill for you."

Cedric blinked bemused then started to laugh whole-heartily making them join him as his put his arms around their shoulders pulling them once again into a hug "Just tell me when in order to find the right alibis to make sure that you'll not get caught."

Carina scoffed "Please, as if we would ever get caught."

And they laughed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the start of October, there was something very enjoyable coming up for Draco and Cedric. The Quidditch season was approaching and everyone wanted their own acceptable House to win, word got around that the Gryffindors' Captain was slave-driving his team.