Chapter Three

Hey guys! I've got good news! I passed all my classes this term. I am so happy and just plain relieved. I ended up getting three A's and one C+. This completely uplifted my mood. So in honor of all my hard work I figured it would be a good time to upload another chapter. I have been busting out more chapters like crazy lately. Every second I have I am trying to work on this or another one of my books. I love writing, and I can't believe that I went so long without doing it. I feel like that was also a good thing though. I needed a break. I needed time to clear my head and discover my love for it again. 

Sorry everybody, looks like I'm rambling again! Hope you all enjoy chapter three!

One last thing . . . the picture of Sterling Knight above well that's Jared. Okay, now I'm good! Read on!

~*~*~

Chapter Three

"Kendall would you mind showing Jared around today? I have to go check in with some of our new volunteers." Considering that Linda already said so to Jared, it was clear she didn't have much of a choice in the matter.

She looked at him before turning to Linda, "Yeah, it's no problem."

Linda smiled and said goodbye before leaving the two alone. Sighing, Kendall turned to Jared to find him studying her. His bright blue eyes were narrowed as if she were a textbook he was trying to read and understand. The corner of his mouth was turned showing a half-smirk on his face.

Kendall almost wanted to laugh at the situation before her. Of course, not only was she in charge of training the new guy who she told off the previous night, but his parents owned the entire retirement village. She really hoped that he wasn't one of those spoiled teenagers who would get their parents to ban her if she so much as spoke to him wrong. This boy, Jared, seemed more down-to-earth than that, but there's no way Kendall could know for sure.

The two stood there for a moment analyzing each other. Finally, Jared spoke up, "So you work here?"

Kendall shook her head. "I volunteer. I don't get paid."

He seemed confused by that. "Why would anyone want to spend their free time with a bunch of old people and not get paid for it?" He demanded.

Thinking about Carol, Kendall smiled. "I fell in love."

"Corvette?" Jared smirked.

She laughed at his Cars reference. "Why don't I show you," she replied. Gesturing for him to follow, she turned and made her way down the hall.

"Where exactly are you taking me?" Jared asked her.

"Just wait and see," she responded slyly. She had to admit so far, she was liking him far more then before.

"So how long have you been volunteering for?" He wondered as they walked through the crowded halls. If there wasn't a resident walking or in a wheelchair then a volunteer or nurse was walking along crowding up the hallways.

"Two years," she answered him. Kendall thought back to when she first decided to volunteer at the retirement village. Most seniors complete their required community service hours just days or weeks before graduation. She didn't want to do that. She wanted to complete them early and then she wouldn't have to worry about it. Only Kendall never expected this place to have such an impact on her. Even now, years later, she is still amazed by how much she loves to volunteer. The joy that she can help bring to a resident, who just wants someone to talk to, makes it all completely worth it.