Chapter Five

Here we go everyone . . . chapter five has arrived! I figured this would be a good time to upload the next chapter because I will be going camping for the next five days. This is my first vacation so far this summer. I've been working like crazy and I seriously need this break to help clear my head. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Feel free to leave comments because the spot we're going to actually does have service so I can keep up with any messages you decide to leave me. 

Also, up above is Kendall's dad, Lucas. 

~*~*~

Chapter Five

The former couple eventually broke apart from their hug and were now sitting on the steps of Justin's porch. Due to the winter season, the sun was already beginning to set, and a cold chill was spreading through the air.

"What's wrong, Kendall?" Justin wondered sincerely.

"What makes you think something has to be wrong for me to come see you?" She asked.

Justin thought about it. "Well I guess it doesn't, but I do know you. I can tell when something is going on with you. What is it?" He leaned forward worried. "Is it your dad? Did something happen?"

Shaking her head at his words, she said, "No, for once it's not my dad. Not completely anyway."

A small smile soon spread on Justin's face. Without another word, he grasped Kendall's hand into his and dragged her to his car. She couldn't help but laugh at the complete randomness of the situation. After climbing into the car, he started it and soon enough they were on their way.

"Where are we going?" Kendall asked him.

He sent her a wild smirk. It was the same smirk that attracted her to him in the first place. It was obvious that he wasn't going to tell her. So, giving up, Kendall leaned back into the seat and decided to enjoy the ride. This was one of the things that she loved about Justin. His spontaneity. He doesn't let anything, or anyone stop him. The only thing that she has ever seen scare him was his sexuality. For some reason, that scared him more than anything else ever could. But even though it scares him, he is still trying to make the most of out of his life, and Kendall couldn't admire him more for that.

Soon a while, Kendall began to recognize where they're going. She looked at her ex-boyfriend only for him to flash her a smile. That was all she needed as confirmation. A giant grin spread across her face. This was one of the only things that could cheer her up more then anything else.

When they pulled into the parking lot, Justin parked the car and they both made their way inside. The pool hall wasn't too busy thankfully. Kendall didn't feel like waiting for a table today. They got a table and headed toward the one in the back. On their way, they picked up their set of ball, chalk, and pool sticks.

When Kendall reached the table, she immediately began to rack up the balls. Racking them were second nature to her. It was easy. Effortless. If only everything in life could be as easy.

Taking off the rack, she shot Justin a nod to begin. Justin may not be the best at breaking, but he is even worse at racking, so she generally racked when starting a game. He bent down to the table and aimed his pool cue. She watched him as he set up the shot. The hands were gripping the cue tightly, too tightly, and from the angle of the stick it seemed like he was going for #1 ball. Bringing the stick back, he rushed his shot and sent the cue ball past the balls all together and causing it to hit the back wall of the table. Bouncing off the side, the cue ball hit the back of the cluster, but only caused a few of the balls to move from their spot.