Chapter Seven

Hey everyone! So I got some great news: I passed my Protecting Students and Civil Rights exam which I need to get into the ed program at my school!!!!! I'm so happy! This was a major test that I needed to pass. Also the minimum pass was 240 and I passed with a 270 so that makes me even more stoked! Anyway, I figured it would be a good day to upload the next chapter for this story. Now I just got a few more tests to take before I can apply for the ed program in the winter. Wish me luck! I will try and keep you guys up to date with it as I give you updates!

By the way, the picture above is of Jessica. 

~*~*~

Chapter Seven

Kendall walked into the retirement village with a big smile on her face. It was a new day. It was going to be a good day. She knew it. She just knew it. She woke up that morning and immediately knew that she had to see Carol that day. Between the chaos of school, studying with Darrell, and dealing with her dad, she hasn't had the time. She feels bad about it but knows that she has to correct it.

Kendall smiled and greeted the various faces of employees, volunteers, and residents that she passed on her way to Carol's room. Many of the faces were people she's known for years, but there were also a few new faces among the crowds. She didn't stop to greet them though. She would do that later. Right now, there was somewhere she had to be.

Walking into the room, she spotted Carol sitting by her window. The window was open allowing the warm spring air to enter the room. Carol was still in her pajamas which she found odd. It was already late afternoon and Carol usually gets dressed as soon as she wakes up in the morning. Her long grey hair was also tied up in a ponytail. She looked so peaceful staring out at the big fountain that sat outside her window.

As she walked further into the room, Carol turned and smiled at the sight of her. Before Carol could great her though her chest heaved, and she began to have a coughing fit. Kendall ran over to her sink and got a glass of water before taking it over to her.

"Are you okay?" Kendall asked worriedly. She handed Carol the water and rubbed her back to help cease the coughing.

Carol finally stopped and took some deep breaths before she took a sip of the water. "Oh yes I'm fine," she said. "This cough has been persisting for a few days now. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure? We can call your doctor."

"No, really Kendall. I'm okay."

She warily agreed. Kendall moved another chair next to the window and sat down beside Carol.

"Well beside the cough, how have you been?" Kendall wondered. Usually she stops in several times a week but with everything going on she hasn't had the time.

"I've been good dear. I've missed you," Carol must have noticed her guilty expression, because she said, "but I know you've been busy. It's your senior year. You should be enjoying it. Not wasting away with this old bag of bones."

Kendall smiled at her words. "You're not a bag of bones."

"Oh, but you forgot old," she teased. "So got a new fella yet?"

"No. Not yet."

"Well why not? You are a smart, and kind, and beautiful young woman who deserves to be treated right. What about that Jared boy? He certainly makes me wish I was seventeen again."

The memory of her and Darrell watching and laughing at YouTube videos entered her head. She smiled at the memory. "Jared is nice, but I don't think anything would come out of it. Besides I don't think he even likes me in that way."