Chapter Eight

Hey everyone, I have some good news!!! My Unexpected Love is almost complete!!!!!!! I have half of chapter sixteen written so far. Once that is finished I have exactly one more chapter and the epilogue left to go before this book will be complete. I'm so excited. I promised myself I would finish this book before the summer ended, and while summer may technically be over already, I definitely did get a lot written. I'm so proud of how this story came out and I'm so excited to see some of your reactions to the upcoming chapters! 

Also, up above is Kendall's friend, Nicole. 

~*~*~

Chapter Eight

"So, what does this Jared guy look like again?" Jess asked. She sat on her bed and flipped through a Vogue magazine as Nicole finished styling her hair. Jess's hair was up in a messy bun and she was wearing her Juicy sweatpants with a matching top. She and Nicole had decided to have a Nicholas Sparks movie night. They had invited her to join, but as soon as Kendall said she had a date the two girls insisted that she come over so they could help her get ready.

Nicole was currently putting the finishing touches on her hair. Nicole's hair was pulled back into a side braid, and she was wearing a shirt that said "Every idea is good after midnight" with a pair of yoga pants. Nicole has been working on her hair for a half hour now, so Kendall hoped it looked good.

"He's pretty cute. He has brown hair, really bright blue eyes, and really sharp facial features," Kendall told them. "He seemed pretty rude and arrogant at first, but I think working at the retirement home is helping him a lot, because he is so nice now."

"That or he's just trying to get in your pants," Jess pointed out as she flipped another page.

Kendall narrowed her eyes. "Thanks for putting that idea into my head."

Nicole waved a hand at her. "Don't mind her. She and Phil have been fighting again so she's in a bit of a mood." Jess glared at her so Nicole stuck her tongue out in retaliation. "Okay your hair is officially done."

Kendall turned around to look at herself in the mirror. Her hair was always in natural loose waves, but Nicole styles it so a bunch of large curls framed her face. The curls were perfect. It would have taken her two hours to try this and the curls wouldn't have looked half as good with her hand on the straightener. Nicole fixed a few fly away hairs with her fingers and announced, "Okay, Jess its your turn. Come do her makeup."

"Finally," Jess said sitting up from her spot on the bed. She opened up her makeup bag and immediately began to shuffle through for the right colors. "Where are you guys going again?"

"I don't know. Jared said it was a surprise. He just said to dress nice."

Jess turned and inspected the dress that was laid out on her bed. She pursed her lips and dug through her bag before pulling out a new eyeshadow container. It was a glittery, light pink color. Kendall knew that with how light her skin was, that color would look perfect on her. For the next few minutes, Jess brushed on the eyeshadow, and then took her time to get the eyeliner just perfect on her. That mascara followed after that. She finished off with a light shade of pink lip gloss. Jess leaned back and inspected her face for any imperfections. She smiled, and said, "Perfect."

Kendall smiled as well at the announcement. She got up from her spot at the vanity and picked up the dress from the bed. Kendall went to the bathroom to change as the girls grabbed the movies.

"Do you have money for a cab?" Nicole asked as Kendall came out.

"Yes, even though I won't need it," she said.