Chapter Seventeen

Well . . . we've made it everyone! This is the final chapter of My Unexpected Love. All we have left is the epilogue and this story will be officially done. Now I'm going to be honest with everyone this has been a hard week for me. Last year - to the day - my brother-in-law, Marcus', mom, Tonni, passed away. Tonni basically adopted my sister and I when Jess married Marcus. Not only that but my grandpa passed away on Wednesday. Neither my sister nor I were particularly close with him, but it does still hurt to know that he's gone. I don't know if it's because I feel my emotions more strongly then others since I'm a writer or what, but this week definitely hasn't been easy. Anyway, I hope everyone else's week has gone easier.

The epilogue will be uploaded on . . . wait for it . . . December 25th!! Haha I figured that would be fun. My birthday is December 26th and I wanted to have it uploaded before my birthday and before 2020 came around. I hope you all will keep an eye out for it and please enjoy your holidays! 

~*~*~

Chapter Seventeen

The morning of Kendall's high school graduation started out great. Since the graduation didn't start until two in the afternoon, the graduating seniors had plenty of time to sleep in that morning, especially considering their Senior All-Night Party was the night before and they didn't return until five in the morning. Kendall blamed the poor planning on the faculty, but what could be done. The party was already over and done with.

Last night the senior class spent the night at the community center in the next town over. It wasn't just any community center though. It was a high-end community center. There was an in-door pool/hot tub, tennis court, a gym where large bounce houses and obstacle courses were set up, Flip Flop/Boxer Bingo (Kendall won two pairs of flip flops and five boxers, which will now become sleep shorts in the summer months), spare rooms upstairs were dedicated to kickball, dodge ball, basketball, and various other sports. The high school also got a Dutch Bros coffee cart, Subway party platter sandwiches, photo booths with costumes, and a bonfire outside for smores. The high school definitely went all out.

Besides kicking ass in Bingo, Kendall spent most of the night either playing on the blow-up obstacle course with her friends, taking pictures in the photo booth, and sitting around the bonfire reliving their memories of school and each other. It was a great party, only now Kendall had to try and survive her graduation while sitting in hot sun, outside, in the middle of the afternoon on a humid June day. Again, very poor planning on their part.

After returning home and getting several long hours of peaceful sleep, Kendall woke up rejuvenated. Once awake, she took a shower and got ready for her graduation. As she finished her makeup, Darrell texted her.

Darrell: Morning, sleeping beauty!

Kendall: I think you mean afternoon lol

Darrell: You say po-tay-do, I say po-tah-do. Anywaaayyy, I see you're up. Justin's still passed out from last night. How's Jess doing?

She was about to answer when a loud groan echoed throughout the house. She glanced out the bathroom door to find Jess stumbling out of her room toward the kitchen. Her makeup was smeared across her face, her hair was a rat's nest, and she kept groaning for coffee.

"If this is how you react after staying up all night at a party, then how the hell are you going to survive an all-nighter at college?" Kendall asked as she stumbled passed.

"I don't know," she grumbled. "That's future Jessica's problem."

Ducking back into the bathroom, she picked up her phone and typed: She'll survive. . . I think.