Chapter 8

Day before the National College Entrance Exam (SAT in China), when Zhao Yunlan and Shen Wei were taking a walk home, they passed by Zhao Yunlan's high school. The students of high-school-1st grade and high-school-2nd grade were exiting the building in pairs and dozens. There were also some students from other high schools, they were here to check the exam point, so they would have an idea of the route and direction tomorrow.

Zhao Yunlan pointed to the school gate, "Wanna see?"

Shen Wei nodded, and stepped in.

Both of them were so tall, decent looking, and too obvious, when they were sight-seeing, a parent came to ask for direction, "Excuse me. Do you know how to get to the building No.2?"

Zhao Yunlan stayed in this campus for 3 years, he knew every tree and flower here. (High school is three years in China.)

He lifted his hand and pointed, "Right there, the second one on the left."

"I see. Thank you so much. Are you here to check the exam point too?",said the lady had a satchel in her arm.

Zhao Yunlan nodded his head, "Yes. My son will take the exam tomorrow, we are here to check the surrounding."

The lady, "Right. My daughter is ...... Wait!" She was shocked, "Your son is high-school-3rd grade already?????!!!!!"

Zhao Yunlan started to bragging nonsense, "Yeah! Hell of stress."

The lady was in doubt, "You... you don't look like......."

Zhao Yunlan, "I got married very young."

The lady, "How.... How old are you?????"

Zhao Yunlan:"42." He pulled Shen Wei towards himself, "This is my son, say hello to this nice lady."

Shen Wei shook off his hand, looked at him in a pathetic expression.

The lady must thought Zhao Yunlan was a moron, she made a very fake excuse then left.

Zhao Yunlan couldn't help himself started to laugh, it took him quite a while to calm down. He took Shen Wei's hand and walked into the building, "Come in, bae. I'll show your the classroom that daddy stayed for three years."

The classroom was in the last building on the campus. At this point, the students came for checking were almost gone. For easy access, all the classrooms were not locked up, Zhao Yunlan and Shen Wei took this perfect chance and walked into the classroom conveniently.

Zhao Yunlan pointed to the last seat in the middle aisle, said to Shen Wei:"Look, that was my spot, I was sitting there. Everyday, it was so difficult for me to get up, I had to take my breakfast into the classroom to finish it." He pushed himself up and sat on the podium, his two legs were dangling, "Our head-teacher was so strict to every student, he would stand right here and watch over everyone, to see if someone was slacking. I had to pose up with the textbook to finish my breakfast. One time, he found out about it, and with such a distance, he threw a chalk right into my soy-milk."

Zhao Yunlan giggled after he finished, Shen Wei watched him talking, with love in the gaze.

The black board in the front was written "Wish you succeed in the exam!", Zhao Yunlan jumped off the podium and picked up the wet cloth in the corner. On the blank space he wrote:

Shen Wei, Zhao Yunlan will love you for 10,000 years!

The wet words were so obvious on the blackboard, reflecting and shimmering.

Neither of them spoke, they watched the wet trace dried out, the sentence vaporized in the air.

Zhao Yunlan clapped his hands, smiled to Shen Wei:"All right, time to go home."

Shen Wei was not intended to leave, after a while he took out a chalk from the box and printed on the exact space that was just dried to blank:

Zhao Yunlan, Shen Wei will love you for 10,000 years!

He snapped the chalk into halves and threw them in the garbage with a very neat gesture, said to Zhao Yunlan who was shocked and astonished, "Now, let's go home."

------TBD----------