Chapter 9

Zhao Yunlan was playing on the phone as usual on Shen Wei's class. What he didn't expect was today a teacher from the provost office was taking a inspection around the building. Zhao Yunlan was sitting at the last aisle, that teacher came in from the back door, the first thing he saw was Zhao Yun who was reading "Moments" on his Wechat app.

Zhao Yunlan was just having fun, all of the sudden, someone took away his phone.

He turned his head very impatient, "Who the h........"

He cut off the sentence and reached out his hand to an old professor, with palm up, "Ah, sir, the professor is still focusing on presenting his material, can I have my phone back please?"

The old professor took out a text book and swung on Zhao Yunlan's head, "The material? You know you're in class? What are you doing then?"

Zhao Yunlan was a bit of tizzy, "No, I'm not his student."

"You're not his student, and you're sitting in this classroom?"

The volume was rising in the back of the classroom, Shen Wei and all the other students stopped and looked towards this direction.

Zhao Yunlan felt so aggrieved, "Shen Wei! Professor Shen, could you say something?"

The old professor looked up to Shen Wei, he poked at Zhao Yunlan's forehead and asking, "Professor Shen, is he your student or not?"

Shen Wei remained silent.

Shen Wei spoke.

Shen Wei said, "Yes."

Zhao Yunlan's eyes were nearly popped out.

The old professor pulled up Zhao Yunlan and dragged him into the office.

Zhao Yunlan couldn't curse the old professor, so he threw it all to Shen Wei, "Shen Wei! Are you for real? Shen Wei, you're doomed!"

Shen Wei using a cough to cover up his giggle, "Okay, focus, Let's continue."

In the Associate Dean's office.

The Associate Dean:"Tell me what happened."

Zhao Yunlan:"Sir, I am no body, I was just sitting there."

The Associate Dean started to look though the student's list, "I've heard this excuse too many times, which class you're from?" (In China, all college students will be pointed to a fixed class number, usually 20-30 people, normal academic activities would be arranged in group.)

Zhao Yunlan refused to talk.

The Associate Dean, "All right. Before you talk, stand there as long as you like."

After a few minutes, Shen Wei came in.

The Associate Dean:"Your student is quite a tough man."

Shen Wei gave back a smile, "Sorry for my negligence. Dean, can I borrow this student?"

The Associate Dean nodded:"He can go without any disciplinary action. But he can't get away with an apology letter, no less than 5000 words, no lifting or cribbing. Drop it off at my office tomorrow." He pointed to Zhao Yunlan, "Did you hear me?"

Zhao Yunlan glared at Shen Wei with rage.

When they were back home, Zhao Yunlan was craving with some chips and walking back and forth behind Shen Wei's chair, "Why you did that?! Why did you have to fool me! Now what, you have to write that letter instead of me."

Shen Wei took the letter seriously, he was really putting efforts on writing it.

Zhao Yunlan:"No scribbling please."

-------TBD --------

(I'm a little busy recently.)