Chapter 6

-Amber-

I had to force myself to walk away from him. I didn't want to startle him any more than he probably did to himself. After he let out that very possessive growl, my wolf was howling more than I'd ever heard her before. All she wanted to do now was to curl next to him, and pant like a love-struck pup. Shoot. She was a wolf. Of course, she was.

"You like him just as much as I do!" she argued.

I sighed at her. "I know..."

"Go back to Mate!" she growled, starting to pant again. "Let's go to him and Fu-"

"Will you stop that?!"

"Mate with him! He is ours and ours alone!"

"He's human -- mostly. And we've just met him. I don't want to scare him."

"He is also an Alpha wolf," she reasoned, "He is meant to take it!" then she chuckled at her pun.

I shook my head at her comments and persistent but didn't act on it. She would soon realize that we couldn't do things that way. I looked down at my schedule and saw that I was free for the rest of the day. I smiled to myself and decided to walk home early. I pulled out my phone and texted the number that Alex gave me.

Me: Hey, got rest of day off. C U tomorrow.

I barely put my phone down when I got the little beep telling me I got a response.

Alex: Okay. can't wait ;)

I laughed a little at his response and walked out the door. I took no more than five steps when I heard someone clear their throat. I turned to see a blonde-headed girl who seemed to be about my height. She was wearing some pretty.... flashy clothing, and overall, looked like your typical high-school queen bee.

"Can I help you?" I asked, looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

She walked down to me with a small scowl; it really didn't fit her. I could see behind her two other girls that stood tall and proud. Perfect.

"Who," the blonde began. "Do you think you are, coming around here and putting your claws on my boyfriend?"

I raised my eyebrow higher. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me loud and clear." She leaned in closer. "Alex is mine. Keep your kinky hands off of him."

It was an odd reaction. One part of me I felt my wolf wanting to come out and rip her throat out, while another part of me wanted to laugh in her face and ask what in God's name did she think she could do to win him over me. Though, a small part of me felt a little hurt that I would have some unneeded competition. I didn't exactly know which one to choose, so while still in shock, one final emotion won over. Curiosity.

"And just who the hell are you?" I asked, none of my inner turmoil showing.

Apparently, she was waiting for me to break down in tears or some typical trash because I see her eyes give a glance of uncertainty. It was gone in an instant.

Good. Keep her on her toes

"I am one that wants you out of his life faster than you can say relationship. He is with me and me alone. You got that?"

I smirked. "I got what you want. I was asking for the name of the bitch that think she controls who Alex dates."

Her face paled to a sheet-white, then turns bright red. "You don't want me as your-"

"Enemy?" I asked with a laugh. "Well, I sure don't want you as a friend. So thanks for your sweet advice, but I think I am just fine. Have a good day."

And with that, I walked off from the nameless girl, her mouth hanging open like she was trying to catch flies.

Oh, what a fun day.

**Placing this here in hopes of it fixing the issue some people are having in regards to viewing this chapter**