Chapter 10

-Alex-

I laughed to myself at Amber's reaction. It was kind of cute seeing her getting all worked up.

I was about to say something when I heard a knock on the door. Throwing on a plain tee shirt, I walked downstairs and opened it. There stood a man a few years my senior with a very large and muscular body. The first thought that crossed my head was 'Marine Status.'

"Is Amber here?" he asked flatly.

"Yes... why do you want to know?" I furrowed my eyebrows warily. 

"I'm her ride."

Flat, rude, and looks like he could kill me. Who the hell is this guy? I thought to myself.

"Give me a second," I said, walking back up to my room.

"Hey, Amber there's some guy at the door who's here for you. Says he's your ride."

She seemed confused until she raised her chin up, and literally sniffed the air. What the hell was that?

"Oh, yeah, I forgot! Sorry, Alex, but I have to go! I'll talk to you ASAP!" She yelled running out of my room.

Uh...?

<*>

-Amber-

I hopped in the car and my dad's beta, Thomas, drove off.

"So, who was that?" He asked.

"No one," I answered immediately.

"Sure." His reply was monotoned and I clearly hadn't convinced him otherwise.

"Why do you ask?"

He shrugged. "When I asked for your name, he narrowed his eyes at me."

I smiled to myself.

'Isn't that cute?!' Jackie asked.

'Yes.' I giggled.

"Hello? Earth to Amber." He laughed.

"What? Sorry, I kinda spaced out there for a moment."

"I can tell," he said with a smirk. "So are you going to answer?"

"What was your question again?" I asked giving him small smile.

"When I asked for your name, he gave me this weird look and narrowed his eyes at me."

I shrugged. "I dunno."

"Or you're just hiding something." He accused teasingly.

"Me hiding something from you guys?" I faked a gasp, "never!"

"Oh, whatever." He chuckled as he pulled into the pack-house. "Your father wants to see you."

"Okay. Thanks." I said as I jogged my way up to the door.

As I opened the door, I made my way to my father's office and knocked twice before entering.

When I walked in, I saw my mom and dad who both had worried looks.

"Hey? Thomas said you wanted to see me. And are you guys okay?" I asked as I sat down in front of his desk.

"Yes, I did." My dad said. "And there have been rogue sightings. But we believe that they have teamed up with the hunters. We found a silver bullet about 30 miles from here. And the patrol has sniffed out some rogues close to the border."