Chapter 11

-Alex-

I woke up to the alarm I usually put on my phone. The only difference today was that I had it right next to my ear when the loud sound went off. Most mornings, it would take a solid five minutes or more to get me up, but not today. For one, it was Friday. I mean, it was god's gift to the world. Although, Monday was to punish us for all the stupid things we did over the weekend, but still. The second reason was the anticipation of seeing Amber again today. I could've cared less if you thought I was whipped or acting like a love-struck idiot. There was just that great feeling I had when I was around her.

'I'm glad you're finally seeing things my way,' Xavier said. I swear I could hear him smirking.

'Whatever,' I replied and got up.

The last reason I was up already was that of my alarm. I had actually fallen asleep texting Amber. It was an odd feeling. It didn't feel as good as when she was around, but it wasn't as bad as when I wasn't talking to her at all.

At least the nightmares that I had been having for the past week had stopped. That much I was grateful for.

As I got ready, I heard the usual alert sound of a text and quickly read it.

Amber: Hey, happy it's Friday?

Me: Totally. So, I was wondering. Do u have any plans for this weekend?

There was a pause in which I used to grab my backpack and head downstairs.

Amber: No. Not yet. Y?

I thought for a moment. Would I just straight up ask her or what?

Me: I was wondering if...

Amber: ???? If......?

Me: nvm. I'll ask you in person.

Amber: Okay...?

Me: How do you usually get to school?

I started to text slower as I was using one hand for breakfast, and the other for texting. My mom gave me a curious look when I was attempting to do this.

"Who are you talking to?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

I felt my face redden, but only slightly. "Amber... why?"

I watch in horror as her face lights up brighter than a Christmas tree. 

Here we go...

I quickly looked down at the next text that Amber sent, blocking out my mom's thoughts about how Amber and I were so cute and we should date, or some other weird thing she does. Where was my dad when I needed him?

Right as the thought crossed my mind, my dad strolled into the room, wearing his casual jeans and tee shirt.

As he talked to my mom, I went back to the text message.

Amber: I walk... and im walking right now. Y?

Me: where u at? I'll give you a lift

Amber: ok. Cool. I was actually walking towards your way...

Me: I'll meet you... along the way I guess

"So who's Amber?" My dad asked, raising an eyebrow at me. Apparently, my parents did that little movement to make me nervous. I never knew why, but the way they did it had always driven me crazy. Some bad memory possibly?

"She's a friend. And my partner for our History project." I responded vaguely.

He nodded a little. "Is she one of those girls that you just hook up with and-"