Chapter 49

-Amber-

Alex had thankfully managed to shift back before we made it downstairs. Just in time as well, since when we did, we were met with a bunch of eyes.

"I'm so glad you are okay." My dad said running up to me and hugging me.

"I'm glad you're okay too," I said hugging him back. He looked like he had met plenty of resistance and troubles as we had, but the healing factors of an Alpha were greater than others so it looked like he'd only walked out of a bar fight instead of a crazy supernatural battle. 

Alex's parents were assisting some of the wolves in the area along with my aunt and uncle. Tobias was being patched up by Paige, as he seemed to have been shot a few times. Sierra was next to her trying to get some gauze pads ready. Jack was close by, barking orders at some rather stunned wolves.

He'd make a pretty decent beta...

"How are you feeling Alex?" My dad asked looking up at him. "I heard Falcon is finally gone."

Alex nodded and everyone listening sighed in relief.

"He's gone. Xavier made sure of that. He won't be coming back any time either. Even if Amber almost got herself killed in the process." Alex mumbled the last part under his breath.

"We will talk about that later," I growled quietly at him.

He kept quiet.

"How is everyone?" I asked turning back to my dad.

"Everyone here is good. There are some that are getting their wounds checked out." He said.

"How many did we lose?" I asked scared to hear the answer.

My dad sighed and let me go, "Too many."

"How many," Alex pushed, obviously needing to know.

"Two days ago we were twelve-hundred strong. Thomas counted seven-hundred forty an hour ago. Not including missing and other casualties."

I covered my mouth with my hand and sighed, "Shit."

"We never should have lost that many," Alex growled wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into him.

"I agree." My dad said pausing. "But we couldn't have prevented it." 

'Where is Jaydon?' Jackie cut in immediately.

I started to get worried thinking that something had happened to him in the fight.

"Where is Jaydon?" I asked my dad.

"He's right here," My mom said with a smile as she entered the room.

I breathed a sigh of relief and took him from my mom.

"Hey, little man," I said smiling.

He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a big hug.

"I missed you." He said into my neck.

"I missed you too," I said with a smile.

"Oh gee thanks," Alex said laughing.

"Alex!" Jaydon said and he jumped from my arms into Alex's awaiting ones.

"What's up, dude," Alex laughed.

"I missed you too," Jaydon said.

"Aww. Missed you as well," my mate laughed giving him a big hug.

~*~

It's been a month since the whole war thing happened and everything is going a lot better.

We have had all the funerals for the ones that lost their lives fighting for their pack and the families and mates are doing better than expected.

Jaydon is fitting in really nicely with all the other little kids and Alex and my dad had them take down the old playground and put in a new one. The new is one is bigger and better according to some of the kids.

I was outside as I watched my dad grab Alex and they went inside the pack-house to talk about something I guess.

"You know," My mom started as she sat down next to me on the bench. "Since the whole ordeal with Falcon is over, you and Alex will be made Alpha and Luna sometime soon."

"Already?" I gasped.

My mom nodded with a smile. "Yes. Your father and I both think that you are ready to take on the responsibility of leading this pack."

"Great," I mumbled.

"What's wrong sweetie?" My mom asked as she put her arm around my shoulder.

"Do you think I will be a good Luna?" I asked her. "I want your honest opinion." I laughed.

"Umm. Well..." She said looking around and her voice trailed off.

"Mom!" I laughed and hit her shoulder.

"I'm just kidding Amber. Of course, I think you will make a good Luna. I mean you took in Jaydon and he isn't even your own kid. Hell, Jackie took him in as her own. I think that you are more than ready to take on this title. You deserve it, Amber. You are such a strong, smart, independent woman. You deserve to be called Luna. And besides, I think I'm getting too old for this job." My mom joked.

I laughed and looked up at my mom. "Thank you, mom. For everything."

---------------------------

Love all of you Crazy Faithful Shifters!!

Momma Shifter out!

-Austin