Chapter 33

-Alex-

Lunch had passed and I currently sat in Gym on the bleachers next to Amber, waiting for the class to start. Funny how I didn't have Gym before my whole schedule change, and neither did she... huh.

"Alright, you lot!" The coach yelled, stepping up to the bleachers. "I know you've all had a long and lazy break, so I'm supposed to get you all back up and moving."

I smirked, knowing 'lazy' was the last thing my break was.

"Isn't getting to school an achievement of 'moving' as it is?" a guy in the back asked.

The class laughed at his comment.

"Sure, in your books. But knowing that very few of you actually did anything, it is now my sole purpose to get you going. So, what better way to do that than," She paused to throw a rubber ball at a guy who was on his phone. He looked startled as hell when it hit his shoulder. "Than a wonderfully good game as Capture The Flag."

There was a series of 'whoops' and 'Yes' throughout the class. It was interrupted with curiosity when one of the administrators came in with another kid. The man handed the coach a slip of paper, which in return she handed back, and looked at the kid.

He was built in the exact way that I was afraid of.

'Werewolf'. Xavier said cautiously.

'Not good.'

'Odd. He doesn't smell of rogue, yet he doesn't smell like a pack wolf either.'

'Gypsy, perhaps?'

'Would smell like what was on our brother in-law. No, he carries almost no scent except what is coming from his own self.'

'Freshly turned, perhaps?'

'Have you listened to anything Adam has taught you?'

I just shrugged and blocked him out for the moment.

"Alright, everyone." Coach began, interrupting my thoughts. "This here is Blake. Want you all to give him a warm welcome and no funny business."

More laughter when the guy in the back whined a little.

Blake simply gave the guy in the back a blank look. When he did so, I caught sight of his eyes. They were that strange type of blue, almost like they had a constant storm raging on within them. He wore a tight black tee with a pair of dark blue jeans, and I had to admit that he looked quite fit.

One girl whistled quietly to her friend. "Hope that piece of meat is single...."

I rolled my eyes, looking over at Amber. Unlike all the other girls in the class, she wasn't giving him a dreamy-eyed look (thank the Moon Goddes) but instead, she was just giving him a curious look. Almost like she was trying to pin him down mentally to a bored and get a good look at him.

"What are you getting?" I asked her quietly.

"Nothing... at all. It's strange and Jackie is going crazy with worry."

I scooted over a little, placing my arm around her waist. Amber let out a small sigh of relief.

"Thanks," she muttered.

I simply gave her a nod before returning my attention back to the coach as she was shouting orders once more. "Alex! Before you two get any closer, you're both team captains."

I was about to smile widely when she finished.

"Of opposite teams. Let's see how well you two can get along without sucking each other's faces off."