Chapter 37

-Alex-

"No, I have to seriously disagree with that," I said, waiting at the drive-through to McDonald's. "There is no way in hell that Twilight is accurate to the supernatural world."

After spending a good half hour trying to convince me to take her out for coffee, I finally gave in, even if her choice of jo was McDonald's.

At least she's easily pleased...

Amber scoffed. "Are you kidding? You have been a part of it for how long?"

"Oh no," I said, pointing a finger at her. "You are not pulling that card on me! And besides, your dad has been teaching me a lot."

She muttered something about her dad under her breath; low enough to where even my enhanced hearing couldn't make it out. 

"And if there was a single accurate movie, the best one so far is The Mortal Instruments. It portrays Vamps the way they should. And last I looked, I may be large, but my wolf isn't that large."

Amber rolled her eyes as I paid the person at the window and grabbed our food. "And McDonald's? Really? You have me paying for whatever you want and you chose this place?"

Her eyes widened a little. "You shouldn't have said that."

"Huh?"

"Now, you're gonna be taking me to an expensive Starbucks instead of this!" She squealed.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever you say, love."

"Exactly."

"You're still not royalty."

"Last I looked, I was. I am the daughter of the biggest Alpha on this side of the hemisphere."

"And that's something to be proud of?"

"Why wouldn't it be?"

I sighed a little. "Is it really worth it, knowing how many have already perished...?"

I could see her shoulders sag out of the corner of my eye. "You're probably right... damn, why do you have to keep putting a damper on things?"

I took a glance at her, before putting my hand on her thigh. "Sorry. I don't mean to. I'm just worried. After all the weird things going on, I'm a bit on edge a lot."

Amber rubbed my arm soothingly and I sent her a grateful look.

"Don't be too worried. Our pack is pretty big and pretty kick-ass." She assured me with a smile.

I nodded. "I know, I know."

I continued driving, glancing in the mirror to see the same pack vehicle behind me. I smiled when I remembered Amber freaking out a little that someone was following us. I laughed hard when I saw that Jack was in the passenger seat.

But for some reason, Xavier was still feeling restless.

'Hey, bro, what's up?'

'I... I don't know. It's just weird. I know something is going to happen Alex, I just know --'

He cut off and took over before I had the chance to react. My arm shot out and knocked the coffee out of Amber's hand, and was lucky enough to hit it out of the window instead of all over Amber.

"Alex, what the hell?!" She exclaimed looking at me like I grew a second head.

Xavier didn't respond as we pulled off to the side of the road. I tried to find out what was up with him, but he was just as unresponsive. Instead, he took of Amber's seat belt as well as my own and pulled her onto our lap, burying his nose in her neck.