(9) The Renegade

Edited kind of..

Chapter 9 (edited)

The Renegade

I look up at the ancient looking castle holding back my tears, I can't believe I'm back here one right move and I could've escaped. It's that damn raven fault!

The moonlight shone down on the gloomy foggy dark castle that sat still on top of hill looming over the nothingness that went on miles and miles. It looked haunted.

"I'll let you explain to Andrés why you were deep in the woods by yourself with a Rogue," the girl says as we near the doorway

"funny, they haven't even noticed you're gone" she whispers as we enter the empty dark castle

The empty hallway is no longer that, now it's full of shirtless alphas. Don't they own a shirt?

"Iris?" Cameron's voice says from the stairway where he was standing next to his brother who might I mention was full-on glaring at me.

I think they noticed that I was gone.

'At least he's paying attention to you'  my wolf snickers

I mentally roll my eyes because let's just put it out there my wolf is a Bitch!

"Brother! I missed you!" Iris smiles letting go of me and running full speed into his arms.

Did she say brother? There's more of them?!

I watch as the girl- Iris let go off Cameron and jump onto Alpha André's arms who freeze for a second before hugging her back.

For some reason it was hard to read the alpha, I could tell that Cameron was both surprised and happy to see his sister. Iris was happy but from the alpha, I couldn't even smell a tad bit of happiness or anything for that matter.

"This calls for a feast, we will drink, party! For the renegade has returned home!" Cameron yells

"Renegade! Renegade!" the alphas chant following Cameron outside

I move to the side, so they don't crush me "what is going on?" I whisper to myself rubbing my temples.

I don't understand anything and my head hurts. If Iris is Cameron and André's sister, and she's a witch does that mean Andrés and Cameron are also witches?...

No, the only witch/werewolf creature is Cessair. I could use a drink, alcohol. Yes! I turn to the door but someone grabs my elbows and by the tingles that spread through my body and the shiver that runs down my spine I know who it is.

I take a deep breath before turning around "what?" I ask

"you were running away?" he grits out each word

I freeze, he looked furious, and I had to urge to curl into myself and cry at his reaction, but I contain myself.

"Uh, nooo, I was outside...watching the stars" I lie

If Cameron can read minds... does that mean he can also read minds! If that is the case I'm beyond screwed.

"You're not allowed to leave this castle, you're a prisoner, whatever and whoever dares to step into my territory belongs to me! Next time you get the urge to look at the stars, DON'T"

Okay don't cry, don't cry.

He lets go of my elbow and walks off. I wipe my tears "I don't belong to anyone!" I yell after him

'Nice comeback!'

"Shut up" I growl

"You shouldn't be talking to the alpha, like that"

I wipe away the tears, I hate crying it makes me feel weak especially crying in front of someone, I've never done that, and I'm not starting now.

"I'm sorry I don't kiss his ass like all of you," I say putting on a fake smile when I see a familiar boy, he is the young alpha. This close to me, he looked about fifteen maybe younger.

"I'm Chris," he introduces himself.

"I know how you feel I just recently joined the pack too,"

"He forced you?" I ask horrified,

He should not be a night-walker, I can't believe I'm mated to such a monster!

Chris nods "yes and no, I knew of the 'stories' how the alpha forces you to join his pack, or he kills you and I've always wanted to be a part of this pack" he explains

"Why would you want to join?" I wonder

"Anyone who joins the night-walkers instantly becomes an alpha, stronger than ever, more dangerous"

"Why would you want to be dangerous?"

"Why not?"

He seems like the kind of person who will tell me anything, "Cameron said something about a curse" I look at him "do you know how to break it"

"yes, it's really simple actually" Chris smiles

Score!

"Okay tell me" I demand

Chris eyes widen at my question,"I don't know..." he scratches the back of his neck hesitating, He looks like a little kid, I don't want him to get hurt, if he tells me I think the alpha will hurt him.

"It's okay you don't have to" I dismiss it.

"You know for someone who hates this pack, you sure seem to be obsessed with breaking this curse," he says

I am not obsessed, this is the first time I have asked someone. " Breaking the curse is going to be my way out of this hellhole" I tell him

"it's not that easy" Chris frowns turning a corner

Didn't he just say it's simple?

I follow him "I'll be the judged of that"

"Its pack business. You're not part of the pack."

"I'm the Luna," I tell him "I'm alpha Andrés mate"

Chris'eyes widen "really? Are you sure?" he asks unsure

I thought everyone knew this.

"No one tells me anything" he frowns

"I am, and if you tell me I can break this curse, and you can go back to normal"

I won't tell anyone who told me.

"Well" Chris licks his lips thinking over it

"I'm sorry I didn't know you were Luna, the alphas in the pack treat me like a kid and not an alpha"

"You are a kid," I tell him

"How old are you?"

We were now walking around in the castle, I could hear drums, laughter wolfs howling, it sounded like they were having fun, and I sort of wanted to be there, but I can't leave this damn castle.

"I'm 15, I turn 16 in December, so I'm practically 16," he exclaims

I look towards Chris who kept looking back at the door like he wanted to leave, but he couldn't. Did Cameron put him up to this? To keep me company?

"You don't have to babysit me, go," I tell him

"Really? I mean no, I should stay here and keep you company"

"Chris, I'm going to sleep, go" I reply

I really was going to sleep, I need all the rest I can get for tomorrow since my plan goes to motions... Speaking of the said plan I need to actually come up with a plan.

Chris grabs my wrist and pulls me closer to him "the curse ends with Andrés and you. If you are his mate you can break the curse" he whispers

"What?" I gasp

"you have to fall in love with him and the curse gets broken" he whispers

"Like Beauty and the Beast?"

Chris raises his brows "huh?" then his eyes widen "oh! I get it! You're beautiful, and he's a beast!"

I shake my head "no, Beauty and the Beast is a book"

"Oh, I can't read" Chris shrugs

I chuckle and ruffle his hair making him slap my hand playfully "Goodnight, I'll see you when I see you" Chris smiles

"Good luck trying to fall in love with the beast" he adds winking at me.

I laugh even though my stomach was in twists "I still think you're too good to be here," I say to him when we reach my door

"These wolves are rogues, murderers, they are only hungry for one thing and that's destruction and power" I add, maybe he doesn't know who they really are.

When I get out of here, he can come with me, and he can start his life over.

"I am no different, trust me"

"I doubt that" I scoff

"What if I told you that I killed the alpha of my pack and his family just so I can be part of this pack"

I take a step back I couldn't believe what he was saying, "WHA-" I cut myself off taking a deep breath.

"Are you s-serious?"

"I didn't know they were cursed at the time sadly" he adds "I could have waited and then killed my alpha after the curse was broken. That was silly of me."

I clear my throat "I should get to bed now"

"Are you scared of me now?" Chris asks "because you look like you're going to pee your pants"

"you're just like them," I tell him "a monster"

Who knew monsters came in different ages? Just because, someone is a kid does not mean they are innocent.

Authors note! 

that's chris on top! 

please don't forget vote! bye, love yous! 

see you next chapter!