(16) The truth

Chapter 16 (Edited) 

The Truth

"you know about Cessair" Iris repeats for the fourth time since I confessed that I knew about her brother. 

"yes, it wasn't that hard to figure it out!  I had all the pieces and I just connected the puzzle together" I tell her 

Iris paces around muttering in a language that is not English,  finally after ten minutes or so she stops and turns to me with steady calm eyes.   "okay tell me everything you know" she says 

"well,  Cessair is Andrés- they're both the same person which means that Andrés is like 1000 years old" 

 " And the moon goddess is your mom? which by the way doesn't make sense but at the same time it doe-" 

"Okay!" Iris cuts me off 

" so you know everything" 

I do? yea, I do! 

"yes,  I do. " I agree 

 "your family are legends stories that older pack members tell pubs to scare them" 

"Really? " iris asks sitting on the bed, "I thought the wolves were only obsessed with Andrés/Cessair" 

"well... I only just found out about the rest of the family" I explain, " my mom told me that your mom had like 9 children with a witch after she left King Lycaon-

 sorry, I don't mean to intrude into your family business" I apologise when iris face twists up 

"I just want to know the truth, not some made-up stories" I run my finger through hair,

 I don't like confrontation, is this even confrontation? it sure feels like it.... no, I deserve to know what the hell is going on in this pack but at the same time, I feel like I'm overstepping. 

"  you might as well know the story of the Valazquez family since you're now one of us" Iris sighs 

I don't think I like being a Valazquez, is that the family name? I've never heard that name before but I still don't want to be part of their legends. 

"Andrés is my half-brother, we were raised to think he was one of us, a witch and nothing else. My father and mother couldn't hide the secret anymore because when Andrés turned fifteen-."

"he shifted" I guess 

Iris nods in confirmation " He shifted, killed the whole coven only sparing the family. We instantly left and looked for another coven but my mother insisted we find a pack for andrés. 

My father agreed because no coven would take us in as long as Andrés was with us, back in the day werewolves and witches did not get along, keep that in mind. 

my mom and Andrés left to look for a pack while my dad looked for a coven- 

can I just add that Cameron, me and our brother Joshua  weren't born when all of this went down... It was just the older siblings. 

 My three sisters Mara, Valentina, Anastasia and my Two brothers Benjamin and Xavier. 

I raise my brows " Then how do you know if this happened if you weren't even born?" I ask 

"my sister Valentina use tell Cameron, Joshua and I  bedtime stories about Andrés. She wanted to scare us but  I think that made the three of us want to meet him even more. 

When I was very young. A pack attacked our coven it killed my parents...They had a weapon capable of killing powerful immortals like my mother and father"