Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Bianca's POV

Today was a very lonely day as Honey was absent. I didn't mind the loneliness, instead, I enjoyed it. When she's not here, I don't talk to anyone. I ended up walking home again. I really need to get my drivers license. I'm 18, and I'm old enough. But then again, you don't need a car in New York. There are trains and buses everywhere. Mama will probably not let me get a car if I my license because she probably would worry that I would drive away and never come back.

I took out my keys from my book bag and opened the door.

Mama was sitting on the couch with her purse and car keys. She looked like she was about to go somewhere. I was still angry from the incident that took place in the morning so I walked past her without a word.

"Bianca, please come here and sit down." Mama said desperately.

I wasn't in the mood for arguing so I sat down on the couch across from her.

Mama frowned at the distance that separated us."Can you come sit next to me?" She pleaded.

I didn't move an inch, "The fact that I'm even willing to sit down and listen to what you have to say should be enough." 

She sighed,"Okay... you know we have to talk about this morning."

"We don't have to talk about anything! Can't you see that I don't want to? Why do you keep pressuring me to do things that I don't want to do?!" I yelled standing up. My mother stood up as well.

"Bianca, calm down. I went into your room today and I found your empty pill bottle. Why didn't you tell me that they finished? You know it's not healthy for you to be off them." 

"Because, I hate the side effects! I just hate them in general, I can manage without them. I haven't been on them for a month and have you noticed anything? No, right?" I pestered. I hate taking pills. They make me feel weird and like an outsider. 

"Oh, so you admit that you haven't been taking your pills?" Mama pestered on.

"Yes! I admit it." I rolled my eyes.

"Now that wasn't so hard, was it? Come on, lets go to the hospital." She said heading towards the door.

"Why?" I yelled.

"I made an appointment for you, a while ago. And it's at 4:00 pm. So we have to go so we won't be late. All we are are going to do is refill your bottle. I promise." Mama said looking annoyed.

I relaxed a bit before leaving my house. As long as were not doing anything with needles, I'll comply.

Mama's POV 

I hate doing this to my daughter. But I'm worried about her. I want to treat her normal but I can't. Having a bipolar child is very hard. Especially is you're raising them by yourself.

Bianca doesn't talk to me or open up her feelings. And I want her to. I want to know everything that's going on with her life. She could be depressed and I wouldn't know.

That's why I organized the Mommy- Daughter day. We seem as if we are best friends when in reality it's like she hates me.

And it upsets me because I'm doing all that I can. And it's isn't my fault or Bianca's.

"So, are we still on for tomorrow baby?" I asked her.

I thought she wouldn't answer me but then I heard her mumble. "You wish."

I just wanted to cry right then and there. I was really looking forward to it.

But I'll just save my tears, and cry myself to sleep like I always do. Maybe if her father was here, things would be different. She was a daddy's girl before he left. They were best friends. I wish we had that same special bonding and connection.

Bianca's POV

Once we reached the hospital my mom parked her car in the parking lot and we both got out. We then made our way into the hospital. We took the elevator to get to the floor that my doctor is on. The elevator ride was very tense and awkward; it made me very uncomfortable.

"Bianca, I-" Before my mom could continue the elevators opened and honestly, I couldn't thank God enough for that.

We waited for a while before they called us in and I inwardly groaned. The nurse guided us back to the small office room where they do checkups.

"Hello Ms. Bello and Bianca." The nurse greeted.

"Why are you two here today?", she asked.

"Well,Bianca hasn't been taking her pills and they ran out. So we need a prescription so we can go refill her bottle at the pharmacy."

"Oh, that's not healthy Bianca. You need to take your pills so you can function and be stable." The nurse said in a sweet voice. I rolled my eyes. I didn't like how she was patronizing me.

The nurse wrote us a prescription letter. We left the hospital and went into the car.

We went straight home. Once we got home I went straight for my room. Once I got upstairs, I took a long shower and then I went to bed.

Thank you guys for the support. You all really mean a lot to me. To some people 2ooo reads aren't a lot but to me it is. It feels good to know that 2000 people are reading this and enjoy it. Thank you guys! Wish me luck for my first year of high school.