Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Charles POV

It has been a few weeks since I visited Bianca's school. I haven't visited another school since then. Thankfully my father didn't set up any more meet ups with me. Even though I haven't been at that high school, I haven't forgotten that Bianca.

I've been around New York, mostly Manhattan. I will be in Manhattan again for New Years. I am scheduled to attend a New Years Eve party. So far New York has been quite a sight to see but, I miss home very much.

"Come in." I answered to the knock on my door.

One of my personal guards walked in. "Sir Lance is asking of you to come downstairs."

"I will be right there." I dismissed the guard. I tidied up with a nice suit and then made my way down stairs into the dining room.

Everyone was sitting at the dinner table waiting for my arrival. 

Lance noticed my arrival and gave me a sarcastic smile, "I'm so happy that you finally decided to bless us with your presence. Now, hurry and sit so we can eat."

I sat down at the one seat that was left next to Ashley. It is still very awkward to be around her. I still processing the fact that she admitted her love for me. Though I can't say that I am very surprised.

"Who cooked this amazing food?" I asked.

"I did." Ashley said. I turned to look at her and she looked so proud of herself.

"It is very lovely, I thank you."I said and continued eating my food.

After we were all done we all went our separate ways. Uncle Lance and the guards went home, Ashley went upstairs and I just went into the living room. I sat down next to the Christmas tree. 

My life is not going as planned. I'm twenty two years old. I'm supposed to be married with two children at least. I feel as if my life is going no where. I can't continue to just have intercourse with woman and party all the time. I want to feel important to somebody. I want someone special. I want a Queen to rule by my side.

Bianca's POV

Since the argument between my mother and I we've barely spoke to one another. She speaks to me, but I rarely respond. I just feel that she betrayed my trust. Don has moved into my house so at least I have him to talk to.

I was currently Christmas shopping with Honey. My family still celebrated Christmas even though we weren't very religious. My dad, David, was a Muslim but we never followed his religion. As an individual, I chose not to follow any religion. If I were to however, I would most definitely not be a Christian. 

Even though I was on bad terms with Mama it didn't mean I hate her and won't get her a gift. I absolutely do not hate her.I just need a lot of time away from her for myself.

A diamond necklace caught my eye and I couldn't look away from it. "Honey look at this." 

Honey looked at what I was pointing to and her mouth dropped. "Girl! That's so nice. You should get it for her." 

"I will." I said.

I bought the necklace, and even had it wrapped up. Now all that's left was Dons gift.

Honey already went Christmas shopping and she's just here to help me out. I love her for that.

We went into another jewelry store. I ended up buying a watch for Don. I wrapped up the watch as well.

Honey dropped me off home and we went our separate ways. I walked in my house and noticed that Mama and Don were both there.They were in the kitchen. I hurried and put their gifts under the Christmas tree and then went upstairs.

After I took a shower, I went back downstairs.

"Hey guys. Merry Christmas Eve." I said while going to sit on the island chair.

"Hey." Don and Mama replied at the same time.

"You are just in time for dinner." Mama said while preparing the meals.

"I'll set the table." Tomorrow is going to be the first Christmas with Don. I was really excited.

After we finished setting up everything, all three of us sat down and began to eat. 

"So Bianca what were you doing all day?" Mama asked.

"I was hanging out with Honey." I said trying to keep it short and simple. I honestly don't want any arguments. Especially on Christmas Eve.

"What were you guys doing?" Mama asked, not minding her own business, as usual.

"Christmas Shopping."I bluntly said.

Don looked uncomfortable as he noticed the obvious tension between me and my mom.

Mama's POV

Once Bianca went upstairs I turned to Don and said, "This is not going well."

"What's not going well?" He said stuffing his face with food.

Are you kidding me?

"The relationship between me and my daughter, stupid!" I said yelling.

I didn't mean to yell but I'm aggravated and I want him to listen to what I have to say.

Don stopped eating and gave me his full attention.

"Haven't you noticed that she has not spoken to me in a long time?" I said.

"Mya, I think your just overreacting."

How am I overreacting? My daughter is not speaking to me.

"I'm going to bed. Good night."I said standing up and going upstairs.

Happy Holidays :)