Fucking loser

You muttered angrily under your breath as you walked through the cold trailer park. You couldn't believe that you had taken the bus all the way across town just to drop off your best friend Kylie's sweater.

"Sick of this shit." You mumbled under your breath. The air was heavy and it was so cold you could see your breath in the night air. As you walked deeper and deeper into the trailer park, you could hear commotion coming from nearby. Confused, you hugged the sweater tightly to your chest and peaked around the corner.

"What the.." You muttered, as you watched a scene unfold. In the middle of a group that looked like a gang was a man. The group had circled him and they were continuously yelling out racial slurs and other offensive things. You stayed hidden behind the trailer and watched, conflicted on what to do. On one hand you wanted to jump out and somehow get the gang to stop, on the other hand you were worried that they would come after you too.

You flinched as you watched them slam him into the hood of a car, drag him back down to the ground and continuously stomp him. You were surprised that the only thing that came out were pained grunts. You knew that other people probably would've been shouting on the top of their lungs. After a while they stood back, satisfied with what they had done.

You watched as one of them walked down and squatted in front of him. You felt your eyes widen as he pulled out what looked like a gun. You couldn't hear what he was saying. You noticed however, that the man who had just had the living crap beaten out of him, didn't even flinch. He only stared at his perpetrators with cold eyes. Only when they got in their car and drove off, did the man attempt to stand up. You could hear him cursing profusely as he used the car to lift himself up.

Shaking slightly, you stepped out of the shadows.

"Holy hell.." you said, loud enough that he could hear you. He turned to you, confusion etched on his face. "Are you okay?"

The man stared at you for a little while longer. "I'm fine." Was all he grunted. His voice was thick with what was undoubtedly pain, though why he was trying to hide it, you weren't sure.

"You don't look fine." You said. "Those guys, who were they?"

The man is gave a dismissive shrug and turned away. "It don't matter. They're gone anyways."

You were about to say something else when he bent over and began to cough out blood.

"Shit." You said. "You're really fucking hurt!"

Marshall spun around, the confusion on his face back.

"Can you just fuck off?" He snarled. You started to back away when you noticed it. The flushness of his cheeks, the way his anger didn't quite meet his eyes.

He was embarrassed, and a little bit angry.

He knew that you had just witnessed him get his ass kicked by some people who obviously had it out for him.

You decided to try a different tactic.

"Look, my name is y/n. It doesn't look like you got anyone around to help you and.. and no offense but you look like shit." You admitted. He only scoffed and looked away.

"I don't need no help." He said.

"You're literally bleeding out of your ear. And has anyone ever told you that you curse a lot?" You ask. He turned around, and you weren't surprised to find a look of annoyance plastered on his face.

"No." He replied sarcastically. "Never."

You felt yourself starting to grin.

"Where you from?" He asked, leaning against the car and wincing once the metal touched his back. You frowned. You didn't want to get to know a stranger. Especially one that didn't seem to be in the right state of mind. But you knew that the only way he would let you help him is if he trusted you a little.