eXposed II

A/n
Real quick when Andy and Ivee have conversations in their heads Andy is in bold and Ivee is in italics.

*flashback*

Three years earlier.

"C'mon Ivee the view is amazing up here," Andy yelled from the top of the massive oak tree he had been climbing.

"I'm scared of heights," Ivee said biting her nails and staring up at the huge tree her best friend was in.

"Oh really big, bad Ivee scared of heights. I don't believe it, he laughed, grabbing another branch and lifting himself up higher.

"You're not funny. Now come down before you fall," Ivee said, looking around at the lowering sun and darkening clouds. They had been walking for hours and had gotten lost. Ivee thought they were at least five miles from the camp site so Andy had climbed the tree to try and see where their class mates had set up camp.

"I can't see anything, this tree isn't t-" Andy's sentence was cut off by the sound of a branch breaking, his scream echoing through the woods.

Ivee reacted quickly hoping to god they would work, she strained her powers to catch the boy mid air.

Andy squeezed his eyes shut waiting to hit the ground, but nothing happened. He opened his eyes and realised he was hovering above the ground.

Ivee carefully let him down, Andy looked up at his friend who was standing over him.

"Are you okay?" She asked and dropped to her knees beside him.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm alive. Did- how- what?"

"I... Um..." Ivee couldn't find the words.

"Ivee," Andy started, carefully, "you're a mutant, aren't you?"

Ivee looked at her friend with terror in her eyes, waiting for him to scream and run away to the camp and tell them that she was a monster.

His eyes widened. "Wow," he breathed after a minute.

"Please say something else," Ivee said, preparing for the blow, too see Andy scared of her.

But instead the boy exploded with questions, "How long have you known? How does it work? Does it hurt to use them?"

"Woah, woah," Ivee smiled. "Calm down, one question at a time."

"Just- why didn't you tell me?"

"Andy, your dad prosecutes people like me."

"But he only does that to the bad ones. The ones who hurt people. You know I would never tell him," he said, squeezing her arm.

"I was just scared of what you'd think."

"You never have to be scared around me, okay."