got your siX

A/n
Real quick before the chapter starts I'm gonna switch POV a couple times cause Andy and Ivee are in different places and I want to have a go at writing what Andy thinks about Ivee.

*flashback*

One year earlier.
"Happy Birthday," Andy said in a sing song voice, sitting down beside me at our usual table in the library. We rarely sat in the cafeteria because of the group that bullied Andy relentlessly.
The only times we had to sit in the cafeteria were when Lilian, the librarian, was sick because the woman who takes over for her doesn't let people eat in the library.

"Yep and still no closer to graduation than I was on my last birthday."
He rolled his eyes, "you are so cynical."
"No I'm just realistic.
"You really aren't, but you're fifteen you know what that means."
"I can't move out of this town for another two years."
"No, you get to drive next year. So we can go where ever we want."
"Correction I can go where ever I want, unless you pitch in for gas."
"Ugh, tell me again why you can't get the money from your father when you turn sixteen."
"Something about my true destiny revealing its self to me on the day I turn seventeen." I gasped, "Maybe I'm being inducted into a cult."

I grinned, stealing one of his french fries. He rolled his eyes again and swaatted my hand away.
"You really should stop rolling you're eyes. One day they're going to get stuck like that and you'll never see properly again."
"Ivee. Shut up," he said reaching into his bag and pulling out a velvet covered box.
"Andy-"
"I know how you hate me giving you gifts but, I think you're gonna like this one."
I nodded and took the box, opening it. My eyes widened, my necklace, I whispered.
"I was able to get it fixed."
I immediately hugged him, "thank you so much."
A few weeks ago I had broken the glass arrow head necklace my father gave me on my sixth birthday, the day before he left, when a girl had ripped it off my neck. It split in half when she threw it on the ground and Andy had to drag me away before I did something bad.
"You are the best, Andy. Really you are."
"I know."
"And you're a douchebag again," I laughed, and put the necklace on.

"Man, all these refugees glad we beat the rush. At least we got like actual beds," Andy said.
"You do realise were the reason there's a rush, right? Sentinel Services have been freaking out over us. It's kind of all our fault," Lauren said.
"Yeah thanks for the guilt trip."
"You wanna give up your bed," I said raising my eyebrows at Andy.
"I know shut up and get more water," Andy replied raising his hands in defeat.
"Good boy," Lauren said turning back to me. "Why is my brother the most annoying person on the planet?"
"Tell me about it."
"Really Ivee, I would think you of all people would think otherwise."
"And what's that supposed to mean?"
"You two are in love," she said drawing out the 'O' in love.
"Lauren!" I exclaimed, hitting her arm.
"You know it's true.

"Hey," a tall boy said to lauren. "Are there any other flavours, besides Salsberry Steak?"
"And that's my cue to leave, have fun."
She shook her head at me then turned to the boy, "No they're all the same."

**Andy's Pov**
I could hear John talking to my Dad and a group of other mutants, they were talking about the building in Baton Rouge.
I put down the crate of water and moved closer.
"I wish I knew more," my dad said, "Some of my cases were transferred to Baton Rouge. There's a judge there, James Kresge, he dealt with most of my cases."
"And how many folks you prosecuted disappeared through this place?" Shatter asked my dad.
"It was rare," He said. "All they told me was that some of my cases were being prosecuted under a special federal program."
"And you never asked for more information. Why?"
"We're not debating this," Marcos said. "What matters now is getting those files. If Clarice can get us in then-"
"That's not an option," John said as I got closer. "Clarice... Ah... She left."
"Wait she just left, why would she do that?" Lorna asked.
"It doesn't matter we need another solution," Dreamer stated. They all nodded in agreement.
"I could try to get us in through the back of the building," Marcos said.
"That's reinforced concrete, cutting through this is gonna take at least half an hour," John pointed out.
"Then I'll have to do it a lot faster," Marcos said.
"It's not possible."
Ivee was going to kill me, "I can get us through," I said.
"Andy," my dad said.
"What? It's a wall, I can handle a wall no problem."
"You and I should talk about this."
"Are we really gonna a do this again? Talk about how only the adults can do anything. You said it yourself it's a matter of survival. Right?"
Marcos nodded. "So if the Sentinel Services did track us down the kids would be just as screwed as the adults if not more," I pointed out. "I can get us through that wall quicker than anybody else here. It's time you let me fight."
My dad nodded, "Your Mom is not going to like this."
"Yeah neither is Ivee."