eXodus

A/n
Trigger warning (ig for the flashback)and so forth Yada Yada Yada have fun

*Flashback*

Five years earlier
The door slammed open, revealing Ricky Kenyatta, Ivee's stepfather. Ivee jumped up from the couch and grabbed her paints from the coffee table. She ran towards the stairs, putting the paints in her room before going back down stairs to get her stepfathers dinner from the refrigerator.

Ivee pulled the plate out of the microwave and set it on the table. She could hear her mother coming out of her room before Ricky began yelling at her and throwing things around upstairs.

"Go to hell," Rachel, Ivee's mother, screamed. Ivee ran to the bottom of the stairs as Ricky grabbed her mother and pushed her towards the stairs.

"Mom!" Ivee yelled as she was thrown down the stairs. Ivee reached out her arms to catch her mother. The air stilled as Ivee's powers stopped her mother from falling down the rest of the stairs.
"You freak," Ricky yelled. Glaring at his stepdaughter as she carefully let her mother down against the wall as he stomped down the stairs. She backed up to the other side of the living room as the large man stomped towards her yelling awful things.
"Stop," she screamed, putting her hands up. The man stopped moving completely and Ivee's eyes glowed purple. "This never happened, now leave," she cried. The man's previously angry expression went blank and he mindlessly walked to the door and left. That was the last time they saw him.

He never came back.

o0o

"This is the jankiest board ever," Andy said, lifting the monopoly board. "And I'm pretty sure that money has mould on it."

"Okay that's not-" Ivee said picking up the money. "It's mould."

"It's mould," Andy repeated and Ivee chucked the money back into the box.

Lauren picked up the tens and peeled them apart, ripping the paper as she did. She groaned, "I guess since the tens are all stuck together, I figure we use the ones as tens and the little paper nubs will be the ones."

"It doesn't matter to me I'm gonna win it all anyway," Ivee said.

"Sure," Lauren said. "Remember last time?"

"Oh when I let you win? It's not your birthday anymore."

Andy laughed. "Just pick your piece."

"I'll be nickel," Lauren said, picking up one of the pieces on the table.

"I'll be the thimble," Ivee said, picking it up.

"I think I'm gonna be the shoe," Andy said, picking up the metal game piece.

"No," Lauren said putting the nickel down and snatching the shoe from Andy. "You can't be the shoe, be the bottle cap."

"What do you mean? I just called the shoe."

"I don't care put it back."

"What's your problem psycho?"

"Dad's always the shoe, okay."

Andy let go of the piece and looked down at his shoes.

"Yeah," he whispered, looking at me with a dejected expression.

We finished setting the board up and started a game.
"Oldest goes first," Lauren said picking up the dice.

"Nuh-uh highest roll," Ivee said, taking the dice.