rX

*flashback*

One year earlier.

Every couple weeks when Reed had the evening off, the Struckers would go on a family outing, usually Andy would drag Ivee along to get her out of the house and this week they were at Atlantic Bowling. Andy and Ivee were debating who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Iron Man when it was Caitlin's turn to bowl for the girls team. The pink-haired girl looked up to see the ball barely hit the pins and sighed.

"You may want to reconsider your professional bowling career," Reed said, laughing

"I told you the ball is broken," Caitlin replied.

Ivee laughed and turned back to the boy sitting opposite her. "I'm pulling the girls team all by my self," she said. And it was true, Lauren could only manage a few spares while Caitlin was all gutters, while Ivee had gotten strikes in her last four bowls.

"Told you to join our team. Mom can't bowl to save her life."

"Shush, Mr. I'm so great at bowling cause I got a couple of strikes."

"A couple? Oh really, more like 6 since we started the game. And now I'm gonna get another one," he said and stood up. He spun around blowing on his fingers.

"Observe the master."

"Boo," Lauren and Ivee said in unison causing Caitlin and Reed to laugh.

Andy booed back, turning to the lane and bowling. The ball rolled quickly over the floor and Ivee was tempted to make it miss but didn't and it was an almost perfect strike. Andy jumped up with his fists raised in the air. He turned back and smiled at her before high-fiving his father.

"I am off the hook. Girls are up," Reed said, pointing to Lauren.

Andy did his usual stupid happy dance while repeating yes over and over.

"Go girls," Caitlin said, clapping.

Lauren picked out her ball and stepped towards the lane. Andy leant against the ball rack and started beat boxing. Ivee shook her head and laughed. He turned and shot her a glare to which Ivee poked her tongue out.

"Seriously," Lauren said, holding the ball beside her and rolling her eyes.

"I'm just giving you theme music," Andy said in a robot voice.

Lauren raised her eyebrows and turned around to bowl. Andy continued beat boxing as Lauren swung her arm back and let the ball go. It reached the end of the lane and knocked down all the pins except for one.

"Not as good as me," he said, laughing at Lauren as the last pin fell down. His jaw dropped in disbelief and Lauren walked over and high fived me.

"All right!" Ellen, Andy and Lauren's grandmother, said.

Andy turned around and groaned loudly and started going on about how it was a fluke and he was still a way better bowler. Ivee nodded and turned her head to the set of lanes beside them. There was a young girl and her father who had came in as the Struckers had started their second game. The young girl's body had begun quaking every few seconds.

Near them, a group of teenagers hurled insults at the girl. The one who instigated it kept saying she looked like a washing machine and laughed obnoxiously.