iii. Tetsurō Kuroo

"Hugs"

Kuroo spread his arms wide, a signature smirk you have always adored danced on his feature. You turned your head away at the gesture, afraid of what you would've done if you stared any second longer.

"No, I won't hug you! I want to win this." You said while running off to the other room, a declaration of your determination.

Somehow this morning after the both of you woke up, you and Kuroo has decided to make a no hugging challenge. It was confusing if you thought deeper into it as the two of you loved hugging as much as you loved each other. Well, almost.

"Ahh, this is killing me!" A desperate cry was heard from the room he was in. Kuroo wanted nothing more to just throw away the 'competition', but his competitive side didn't let him. "Then come here and hug me then lose!" You shouted reply, sounding as desperate for hugs as the bed-haired middle blocker. "Why don't you come here and hug me then lose?" Kuroo snarled a come back. He said that but he was really close to losing it. Both the competition and his sanity of not being able to touch you.

On the other side, you had an idea. Over the past years of dating, you and Kuroo had so many cute matching onesie you wore for sleeping or if just bored, really. So you took out one of them, the one Kuroo said he liked so much because you looked super adorable. (Your pick!) Spoiler: Kuroo actually liked them all.

After done changing, you peeked out from the bedroom door, as if activating a Kuro radar. There he was on the living room watching some kind of volleyball shows, which just like as you expected. You decided to do this natural and casual.

So you walked out and took a seat on the couch beside the volleyball player, putting a moderate amount of distance. It was moderate, but hopefully enough to make Kuroo went flustered, you thought.

"Kuroo~" You cooed the tall player, and bring out your phone acting like you didn't really do anything. You felt him looking at you and went back to the show, but immediately did a double take. Now his gaze was weighing you. "You did this on purpose, didn't you?" He put both his hands to cover his face, giving himself time to gain composure back, but failed as his ears turned slightly pink. "Did what?" You put your best poker and innocent face beneath the hood of the onesie. Kuro brought back his gaze to you as he can't really resist the view. "Damn it." Eyes mixed with utter affection and lust, he cursed to himself, sounding dangerously close to admitting a defeat. That's when you realize an opening and then spread your arms wide. You mirrored the smirk he's been confidently flashed all day and said, "Come here."

Kuroo closed his eyes as if it would help to reduce his desire to touch you all over. But it was to no avail. He sighed to himself, reaching a conclusion that he had just been beaten. "Ahh! Screw it!" He grumbled to no one particularly and threw himself over you so now you were lying down and Kuro was above you.

He wore a sulking expression, eyes sharp as ever it actually made you shudder. Kuroo noticed the sudden change of your body movement, and didn't let it go to waste. "Oh now you're scared." A chesire cat grin appeared.

"Y-yeah right, I'm not!" You stuttered. Damn, so much for a no, you thought. "Ha! A cute yet weak resolve. It was cute. But still weak." His face went closer but the grin did not went away. Closer, you closed your eyes in anticipation but after some good seconds, you didn't feel anything on your face.

You felt a gentle rhythmic breath on your neck instead. Instead of going for a kiss, he held you close. He hugged you so lovingly that you felt like the butterflies in your stomach was singing along to a happy tune. They weren't flying around like crazy as they always were. They actually were in sync and the embrace Kuroo gave warm and comforting. Like the world could fall apart any moment but you and Kuro were going to be okay. That's how pleasant the hug is. If not, then more.

"As I thought, losing was so worth it. I love this so much." He mumbled to your neck, slightly tickling the spot. You let out a soft giggle.

"You meant you love me so much, right?"

"Yeah, maybe you too."

"Oh wow."

"Just kidding, I love you the best."