vii. Tōru Oikawa

Dating Oikawa comes with great risks. It went without saying that he's so popular that some hateful gazes would be your daily intake on your routine. But you never thought about it that much as your love for him was even more greater than that.

That was what you thought.

In such a short time, your school life went down hill. It became a normal thing to expect an anonymous note on your table blabbering how you don't deserve Oikawa, a loud enough hateful whispers along the corridor, you tried to ignore it the first few months, but eventually it got a little too much. How come genuinely loving someone could be this hard? Sure, you love him so much, but you just wished the bad things that came with would just stop in an instant.

You were always a cheerful girl, but all these small incidents plummeted your mood each time it happened, and Oikawa didn't fail to notice that. He's been asking you what's wrong nonstop in all chances, unfortunately for him you were so stubborn that you didn't want to worry him with such petty reasons.

But on one fine day Oikawa decided that he had enough of your reasoning and dead stopped you in your tracks on the way home.

"Okay tell me what's wrong, y/n-chan." He cornered you in a quiet hall and went put a hand on the side of your head, leaning down close enough to intimidate you, eyes resolved that he really had to get answers this time. You put both hands on his chest to push him off but he didn't budge, obviously. "Not here, Tooru." You looked left and right nervously. The brown-haired boy noticed your uneasiness but didn't question you and guided you to a quite park, a bit far from school instead.

"y/n-chan, you oughta tell me what's wrong so I can help!" He whined, blatantly frustrated on the unfamiliar helplessness he felt of not being able to do anything. "I can't bother you over my unimportant problems and make you worry!" You said with the same amount of frustration.

How sad it is you thought, not being able to help someone you love when you wanted to just as much as each other.

"So what if it bothers me? I'm your boyfriend for god's sake y/n-chan, so bother me!" He said a matter of fact, not showing hints of backing up. You opened your mouth about to say something, but shut it back quickly and decided to give in.

"It's just that your fan—I mean I'm totally okay with the fact that you have fans, because you're so amazing and people see that too and I get that, but I don't get how they're so mean, I got a bunch of hateful notes and words lunged at me 'unintentionally' every. single. day. It was fine at first but It got so overwhelming." You hanged your head, afraid to look at Oikawa's face.

There was a moment where you wished the ground would open and swallow you whole.

Oikawa lifted your face ever so softly, and brought you into a loving embrace. "I'm so so sorry that you had to go through that, y/n. And I'm sorry I didn't notice it sooner. I promise I will tell them off next time. You're so precious to me and I can't stand the thought that you got hurt, because of me on top of that. So for that I am sorry." He said with a regretful tone, and put his head on my shoulder.

"I know maybe I'm being selfish y/n-chan but please stand by me."

Your heart fluttered. You had taken easy an obvious fact of loving Oikawa, that he loves you too. A greater power of loving someone is knowing fully that he loves you too. And you have both.

You gripped the fabric of his clothes tighter as a silent one sided apology of taking easy the love he had given you.

Tooru is in my side, you said to yourself over and over again like some kind of magic spell that makes everything turns alright.

And maybe, just maybe, it's not just a mere dumb spell, it's legitimately a faith you can grasp on

That with Oikawa, everything is indeed,will be alright.