vi. Wakatoshi Ushijima

A quick drabble!

The uncomfortable breeze hit you unmercifully, waking you up. Half-heartedly, you opened your eyes just to get a grasp of what's happening right then. It was still dark, you turned your head to the clock on the bedside table.

3:08 a.m.

You cursed to yourself having to be woken up in such a horrible time. You looked to another way, finding your boyfriend was sleeping soundly and had stolen most of the blanket. You sighed softly at your helplessness, not being able to be mad at the huge volleyball player after seeing such innocent sleeping face.

You scooted closer searching for the warmth you desperately crave for, and anyone will agree to the fact that you're too close. But not for you. It was still cold and the only source of light was the ray of the moon glistened past your curtains. The sleepiness you wish haunted you was somehow now long gone.

You observed him closely, and only nice things and compliments were going back and forth in your head. You traced his eyebrows gently, then moved to his jawline, then moved to the things you loved about his face, which is everything.

While you're tracing his lips, the eyelids that had been stayed still for a moment then fluttered open, regaining a clear vision. His eyes sleepily narrowed, sending a piercing gaze through you. His hazel eyes glimmering upon the shine of moon.

He looked utterly gorgeous.

"What are you doing still up?" He murmured groggily, eyes back closed as if keeping them open for two seconds more was hurting him. "Can't go back to sleep, you hogged the blanket." You pouted. He then opened his eyes once more to look down and finally realized it.

"Ah, really?" He said apologetically, maybe? You guessed because he put a poker face, and yet he didn't make an attempt to share the blanket. That was what you thought until a hand pulled you subtly to his broad chest, and went to put a blanket over both of you. You were startled but very grateful as you made yourself comfortable and inhaled his scent. You loved the smell of him, it was faint and a bit distant, but it felt like home.

The hand that pulled you was now on your back rubbing a circle soothingly, a trick he knew would get you sleepy in almost no time. You felt so secure and comfortable that you felt your breathing grew slower.

He noticed the change of your breathing pace, then planted a kiss on your forehead. Before you fell to your deep slumber you heard a distinct mumble,

"Sorry, and good night." As he tightened the embrace.