xiii. Kei Tsukishima

"Waahh, we're soaking wet" You grunted, except didn't really look like you regretted it while checking out your uniform and tries to somewhat squeezed the water out of it. Tsukki closed the door to his house, eyes narrowed at you, annoyed, "Yeah and whose fault do you think that is?"

"Oh c'mon I didn't know it was gonna rain!" You retorted, not willing to take the blame. "I told you the sky was getting cloudy but you didn't listen." He shook his head, like a puppy getting the water out of his fur.

You thought Tsukki had finished scolding you but he continued, "You could've stopped at some point and contemplated your life choices. Instead you went past right me eagerly to come to my house." He let out an exasperated sigh, a sigh where it felt like it took some of his years of life.

A struck to the nerve. You put out a finger and opened your mouth about to say your part of defense, but nothing came out so and you slumped your shoulders in defeat.

Out of nowhere you felt a cloth on your head, covering your vision as well. The familiar texture spoke louder, it was a towel

"Dry your hair, idiots like you tend to get cold easier." The gesture touched you way more than it should, and your expression of gratitude got stuck in your throat. He's currently cleaning his glasses that was then full of raindrops until he noticed your unusual quietness, "Oi, why are you frozen like that?" He pushed your forehead gently with his index finger.

"Nothing!" You turned your back still flustered, and went to dry your hair roughly, like shaking off the unnecessary thoughts you're having. Tsukki glanced at you quizzically, but then he thought twice, this is you we're talking about so he dropped it.

He put back his glasses, then brought up a finger, referring to a direction, "The bathroom is to your left, right next to the kitchen, I'll go take a bath upstairs." After the quick guide, he turned to you expecting some kind of affirmation, that you understood.

But he didn't get that, "Wait are you implying that I should take a bath here?!" You got a bit worked up. "Well do you see any place elsewhere? You're more than welcomed to go out there again and search for it." An exhausted expression alighted on his face shamelessly, so you knew clearly how much talking to you tire him.

You mentally face palmed yourself for being such a wuss. "Alright point taken but what about my clothes?" You asked. A sigh escaped Tsukki once more, "wait here."

"Oh wow his shirt is big," you stretched out both arms in front of the bathroom mirror, the blond hair male lent you his pair of t-shirt and short, they didn't exactly fit you, but hey it was comfy and manageable. You went out of the bathroom to see Tsukki in the living room sitting with towel draped onto his head. The creaking sound of the door closing made him turned at you.

His eyes glided onto you for a solid 3 seconds, then he laughed abruptly, "Pft, you look stupid." It led to you having a tick mark appear on your forehead, "Shut up, who gave it to me?" you argued. "Yeah yeah, come here let's start the our project." He gestured, not letting the useless usual bicker went for any longer.

"By the way, where're your parents?" You settled down across him. "Visiting some relatives, won't be back for 2 more days." He answered nonchalantly as he prepared the stuffs and put them on the table. "Oooohhh, someone's getting lonely." You teased, a playful grin plastered onto your face.

He offered you a side glance of displeasure, "Now you shut up."

-

You put your head on the table lifelessly, after working on your project for almost 3 hours nonstop, your gaze rested on a window. The rain was still heavy and there's no way it will stop until tomorrow morning, you assumed. You declared that your life was officially over. You couldn't go home.