v. Tobio Kageyama

Tobio tapped his fingers rhythmically on the table, staring hard on the paper. You were sure if his eyes had the power, the papers would be long gone. You both were sitting across each other in class after school, taking what time is left to study together for the upcoming exams.

You knew your boyfriend loved volleyball more than anything else, so you're trying your best to teach the setter, as he is visibly trying his best to learn as well.

Your mind was going everywhere as the silence consumed. You were waiting him to finish some questions so you can check later and point out what's wrong and why. And some particular questions were taking so long that your focus was fading. It was always short lived, but that time it was shorter.

The gaze you had rested on Tobio now wandered around, finding anything that is amusing or can kept you occupied while waiting the dark-haired volleyball player. And then your eyes decided to bore onto Tobio's fingers.

You weren't always the one to observe things so very closely that you knew every single inch of it, but then you notice how beautiful Tobio's fingers was. It wasn't flawless, it's exactly because how blatantly hard-working the hand is that it's exceptionally beautiful. It wasn't smooth it was calloused, it wasn't soft it was rough, it wasn't without fault, but it was attractive.

It was exactly like Tobio.

You carefully traced his free hand while smiling to yourself. You love how simple things like this pleased you so much. Tobio startled a bit at the touch because of how serious he had been, and let you did it anyway, but not without giving you a confused look first.

"I love your fingers, somehow." You intertwined your hands with him gently, feeling the friction of the callouses you've come to love. "Re-really?" His sharp glance now was on your both hands, as if taking guesses on the reasons why you did so. His cheeks were slightly red.

"But then again, I love everything about you." A genuine smile bloomed on your face, staring lovingly at the said person. He turned his head away remotely, the pink color has yet to leave his face. "G-geez, the embarrassing things that came out from your mouth sometimes."

Though the reaction was somewhat expected, it was still off from the moment. "Hey!" You crossed your arms, and pouted playfully. He laughed while the faint blush stayed. He was a gorgeous sight.

He then reached out a hand to comb your hair affectionately yet awkwardly, eyes anywhere but on you,

"I love you too."