Chapter I - If Only You Knew

╣╠

"I won't just survive

Oh, you will see me thrive

Can't write my story

I'm beyond the archetype."

Rise

Katy Perry

╣╠

Chapter I - If Only You Knew

╣╠

Two years ago

Two years ago

"Hush Ben, if Maugrim finds us out, we are as good as dead," I say jogging through the shadows of the trees with Benvolio trailing not too far behind.

The moonlight reflected brightly off the powder surrounding us. My knee high boots were barely able to keep the snow out. Boots and pants were always better than the usual dress I was forced to wear. It was a lot more comfortable, too. My ash black cloak helping me blend into the shadows of night. Overall, my attire was better for the few hours of secret freedom with Benvolio. That was, of course, only if we weren't too tired from all the training the previous day. Any free night between training and lessons, you would find us here. Even if all of Narnia hated me because of my mother, this was still my home. My lands to rule one day.

Each of our parents did everything possible to keep us from having any type of fun. Wake up, eat, train, repeat. Every day was the same. Ben was lucky enough to have his slightly kinder parents as teachers instead of Maugrim, or even my mother like me. From the first day I can remember, I have been training to be her personal spy and learning to be worthy of queen. Not that I would ever get the chance as long as she's breathing. I'm the next phase of the reign. She always made it clear to me that I would never be truly ready because I had no way of controlling the Narnians. She gained the royal status by taking it by force with the help of her powers. And I, being born with no type of power, much like a human, leaves me with the opportunity to be overthrown. But theirs, power in reputation and bloodline, which I must use to my advantage.

"It will be my head he's after, it's not like he can kill the Queen's daughter," Ben states, having fewer problems with the snow with four legs instead of two.

"He could make it look like a bloody accident!" I lightly shout back to him, trying to wake the whole forest, "After all, the rebels are rising up at the whisper of the name of Aslan, it would be easy to place blame for my unfortunate death. This just means my mother won't be burdened with me anymore."

"How can these idiots be gullible enough to believe those prophecies anyway?" He scoffs getting up on two legs pulling on paw over his heart mockingly, "When two daughters of Eve and two sons of Adam sit together in the throne at the Cair Paravel with the prodigy at their side, the reign of the White Witch will be over and done."