Chapter XI - Pride and Prejudice

╣╠

"Yeah, I'd rather be a lover than a fighter

'Cause all my life, I've been fighting."

Silence

Khalid

╣╠

Chapter XI - Pride and Prejudice

╣╠

It took a while for the conversation with Aslan and Peter to really sink in

It took a while for the conversation with Aslan and Peter to really sink in. For many reasons, one being the fact that I wondered if I even needed this help or if I could figure out a way to control my magic another way on my own. I mean the first person who had powers had to figure it out somehow. But then I almost destroyed a camp when I lost control.

As I talked myself into it, I rolled out of bed to meet Aslan, strapping on my holsters out of habit even though my blades were the first thing the centaur took when he found me.

We met at his tent, just before the sunrise to avoid any prying eyes wondering why I wasn't locked up. Aslan walked out, shaking his mane to get rid of any leftover sleepiness. We walked in silence for a minute, unknowing of what to say.

The morning was peaceful and calm, something that was rare in the busy camp. It was nice to appreciate an early morning for once.

Aslan turns to face me, breaking the quiet, "Do you have any questions before we begin?"

"Actually... I have quite a few." I start. He sits ready to hear my inquiries, "I've heard the story of what happened, but why did I pass out when I took off the necklace?"

He takes a deep breath, taking a moment to think, "I pondered that for a while myself. Based on my knowledge, I'm guessing you fell unconscious because of the extreme surge of power overtook your body. Your structure had no time to process all the new energy and shut down. When you were down, the magic had no direction or controller. You began to hemorrhage magic in every form possible."

"Can that happen again?" I follow up, not really wanting to be put in that position again.

"I suppose so, but it's unlikely." He explains, shaking his head, "The amount of foreign power you gained was very sudden and very strong. That surge will only happen if those conditions are met again, and I highly doubt it will."

"And because it's attached to my emotions, as you said. Does that mean I'll be emotionless for my entire life?" I ask, probably annoying him with questions.

"Despite your attempts and common belief, you have never been emotionless, Ashton." Aslan tells me as if he has over psychoanalyzed me or something, "You're magic will act more as a reaction to emotions, slowly but surely you will pinpoint what action triggers each power."