Chapter XX - This is Goodbye

╣╠

"We keep all our promises, be us against the world

In another life, I would make you stay

So I don't have to say you were the one that got away."

The One That Got Away

Katy Perry

╣╠

Chapter XX - This is Goodbye

╣╠

Victory horns blew loud and clear, making me jump, dropping a few berries

Victory horns blew loud and clear, making me jump, dropping a few berries. Sometimes I forget that I'm not in England anymore, this time I could have sworn the horns were the sounds of a train. It wasn't like I missed England much, just my mother. I don't know when I will see her next, or if I ever will. I wonder if knows of our whereabouts. If she received a letter in the mail informing her that all four of her disappeared without a trace from the place they were supposed to seek shelter. I do hope she doesn't worry about us. After all, if that victory horn means what I think it does. Our family will have one less thing to worry about.

I run across the camp, as fast my little legs could take me, abandoning the berry basket as it was only holding me back. The brightest smile comes to my face as I see my brown haired brother being guided through camp. His eyes were wide, looking at all the creatures as they bowed to him as he passed. They created a path, leading him directly to Aslan.

"Welcome, Edmund, the final Son of Adam." Aslan declared, loud enough for everyone to hear.

The crowd responded with large cheers, almost as excited as I am to see Edmund.

"Come, Edmund," Aslan requests, "We have some matters to discuss."

My smile faded slightly, knowing I will have to wait even longer to see him again. But right now I'm just so glad that he is safe, that's the most important thing. We saved him from the witch.

╣╠

The waiting was killing me. It was affecting my other siblings as well as we peered over to see Edmund and Aslan deep in discussion on the top of the hill. I nervously ate breakfast, letting my eyes follow Peter as he paced back and forth, barely eating. Even Susan, who was usually always level headed, played with her hair just to keep herself busy.

We all turned to Aslan as he began to descend the hill with Edmund next to him.

"What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past." Aslan declared, putting the whole idea of behind us.

"Are you all right?" I ask Edmund as Susan and I pull him in for a hug.

"I'm a little tired," Edmund answered over our shoulders.