Chapter XXIV - Cair Paravel

╣╠

"Fulfill the prophecy

Be something greater

Go make a legacy."

High Hopes

Panic! At The Disco

╣╠

Chapter XXIV - Cair Paravel

╣╠

Reality follows in and out

Reality follows in and out. The neighing of horses and the bouncing of the carriage becomes more constant, pulling me out of the darkness that surrounded me. I only have the energy to roll my head to the left, extremely grateful to see Ben walking beside the wooden trailer with an arrangement of hay for comfort that I found myself laying on.

"Where are we? What happened?" I ask, pushing myself up and looking at my surroundings.

All I could see in front and behind me were soldiers, all marching in a line to an unknown destination.

"Ash, you're awake!" Ben's voice calls out with joy.

My brain takes a minute to process everything. Seeing Ben certainly calmed whatever panic was about to come.

"How long was I out?" I ask first.

Ben looks up at the sky, seeing the sun positioning before answering, "A little less than a day, so you pretty much missed this whole venture to the Cair."

My eyebrows narrow in confusion, "The Cair?"

"Cair Paravel." He answers with a smile.

It was clear that Ben was happy to not have to return a different castle in Narnia.

I questioned, wondering if that was just another lie my mother told me to keep me from venturing too far, "I thought it was impossible to get to?"

"That was before the winter melted." Ben answered, "We will be there soon."

"Pardon me," A faun, interrupts. I was baffled with the tone he was addressing Benvolio. It was with great respect and a bit of shyness. He looked not much older than me, his horns were almost but not quite full grown. He was unsure of himself, most likely still a bit shocked from the war and what will come next. "I was told to bring Ms. Ashton to the front once she awoke."

"That's quite alright, we can make it there on our own." Ben insists.

"I'm sure Aslan will be alright with it," I assure the faun, with a slight smile.

The faun pauses for a moment, thinking his words out carefully, "I'm not under his orders, Madam, the request came from King Peter."

"Oh," I blirt, "Where is Aslan then?"