Chapter IV - Trust Issues

╣╠

"Thy hair inspired God to make the breeze

Thy lips inspired God to make a man

And from his rib an angel born as Eve

Formed into flesh and promised him her hand."

B

Jaden Smith

╣╠

Chapter IV - Trust Issues

╣╠

Prince Edmund of Nashua

Prince Edmund of Nashua. Wait- what did Lucy call it. Nalina? Nornia? Oh, Narnia. My entire night was filled with wonders of the land. Every few minutes I would pull myself together trying to convince myself how impossible the situation was. Then I would go back to the fantasies. It was an endless cycle of confusion. But how could something that feels so real be so fake? How could Lucy remember being there too? And seeing me?

I am broken from my thoughts by something hard smashing into my hip. I groan out in pain only to hear Peter and Susan's laughs.

"Daydreaming about a girlfriend you'll never have?" Peter teases, making me roll my eyes.

Oh, just another thing that was entirely confusing. The young girl I would marry. Was that normal in Narnia? Was the girl forced to marry whomever her mother wishes? Is that what she wanted?

"You're one to talk brother." I scoff, he opens his mouth to talk, "That one girl in year ten doesn't count."

"Oh hush up, Ed," Peter says rolling his eyes.

"You started it!" I defend.

"Both of you quit it and just play the game." Susan intervenes getting ready to catch the ball as Peter prepares to pitch it.

"Can't we just finish our hide and seek game from yesterday?" I ask with any hope to return to the place I remembered having rational memories.

"I thought you said that game was only for children," Peter asks trying to understand my sudden change of heart.

"Now you're bickering like children." Susan implies, growing impatient.

"Are you ready?" Peter asks me cockily throwing the ball back and forth in my hands.

"Are you?" I equally challenge smacking the ground in front of him.

Peter sets up the pitch once again but throwing slightly harder this time. Good thing my hand-eye coordination has always been exceptional so it didn't surprise me when I heard loud thud of the ball hitting the bat. Our heads followed the trajectory of the ball as it seemed to go in slow motion over our heads, farther and farther out of our control. My eyes grew wider and wider as I watched the ball fly closer and closer to the delicate window of the professor's house.