{ Chapter 17 }

Hello there guys. Hope you enjoy this (late) update. I have a psych exam tomorrow and I'm going to fail for certain. anyway, enjoy your night/day! 

"Should I just text him? It's been six days, Nola." I stare at my laptop as I tap my foot impatiently. It's Friday night and I was hoping Cam and I could've made enough progress this week to potentially hang out tonight. But by the looks of it, I won't be hearing from him for a while.

"I know it's been six days. Yesterday was five; the day before was four," my sister announces vexedly. "He said he needs space. He clearly needs time, too. He'll text you when he's ready."

"But what if he forgot?" I propose the idea once again.

"He didn't forget," Nola assures me quietly.

"Do you think he just doesn't want to talk to me anymore?" I roll my pencil around on my desk with my free hand.

"Honestly, I don't know," my sister answers and I let out a defeated sigh. "I think you should just go out with your friends tonight and try to have fun. You reached out to him and made your feelings known. The ball is in his court now. No one can say you didn't try."

"I think I'm going to just stay in..." I trail as I stare at my pile of textbooks. I may or may not have been neglecting my studies in hopes of meeting up with Cam. "I have a lot of homework."

"Okay, well, don't beat yourself up," my sister pleads before hanging up. I decide to get started on my assignments, seeing as there's more than enough to occupy me for the rest of the weekend. My friends both pop in my room and ask about my plans for the night. Mel's staying in but Gen is going out. I was invited to watch movies in the living room but hurriedly passed on those plans. The last thing I want to do is be forced into a rom-com marathon with my softy friend, who will definitely cry, which will make me cry. I don't want to cry again.

After forcing my way through several different forms of science homework, I decide to call it a night after four long hours of playing catch up. I crawl into bed at midnight and turn my attention to my phone. Just as I expected, there's not a single text from Cameron. I respond to Gen and my sisters before turning to social media for a laugh or two before attempting to sleep. Twenty minutes later, I put my phone down only to pick it up a moment later when it vibrates across my bed. I stare at the screen and feel my heartbeat start to race

Cam: Want to go for a drive?

Normally, I'd wait at least five minutes to reply to avoid looking desperate but I practically rip my phone from the charger and send back a response.

Felicity: Yes.

Cam: I'm outside when you're ready.

I throw myself out of bed, nearly slamming my face into my table as I do. I don't even bother changing out of my sweatpants; he's seen me in worse. After fixing my hair and pulling on my shoes, I hightail it out of the house. As I reach the porch, I attempt to calm myself down. The last thing I want to do is overwhelm him with how eager I am. In an attempt to look casual, I shuffle through my keys and slowly lock the front door behind me. Then, I jog down the steps and over to his car.

Once I'm buckled in, he starts off down the street. I rack my brain for something to say. "How are you?" I ask him and he just sighs noisily in response. I decide to leave conversation up to him but he doesn't say anything else. Instead, he keeps driving in a way that makes me feel as though he has a destination in mind. The ride is silent and I keep my eyes on the trees surrounding the road. Soon enough, we reach a main street and he turns into a Dunkin Donuts drive-thru. Once his order is delivered to him, he parks the car and turns on the light.